About the headcrabs threads.

Dhoco X

Reaction score
I was thinking about this and i got a rational conclusion. Some people thkin that for not being headcrabs, they are superior, they are perfect adults and they don't commit errors.

We go to forbid headcrabs to create threads? No ! This only goes to take off the freedom of the novices on the fórum like me and all the others.

Nobody was born knowing of everything, we have to give a possibility for the novices and not forbide us to make something because one or another made or posted something wrong.

Everything has a start, you arrived in fórum as ant lions or hydra ? You goes to say that you never made something wrong ? All headcrabs is immature and the others don't post something unnecessary ? So.

What we gonna do ?

We got to give more chances for the novices, showing they the errors so that doesn't repeat again, something like that ! Let's make of our community a better place to to argue and be happy. :cheers:

Thanks for your attention and have a good night.

Ok, but I have one question, why do you put an accent above the o in forum?

I totally agree with you. These pompous asses complaining that headcrabs should be banned from starting new threads are way off. Granted that alot of the headcrabs are starting flamewars for fun, I think that you shouldn't exclude someone's ideas simply because they are new to the forums.

i agree with that. Although some things headcrabs may say may be a thread already posted before, this happens just because they're new and still learning the ground. Besides that, i haven't noticed any problems with headcrabs. I see stupid posts from all classes and i think headcrabs get picked on too much. There are plenty of good threads created by them. I think they just get bad reps because those dinks who just register to post a single thread saying something gay and insulting.

Hehehe, I accustomed to put ' above the o...

In portuguese is FÓRUM and not FORUM. Got it ?

Preaching to the choir, man. There's only like 2 people who hate headcrabs, the rest of us are all on your side. Power to the Headcrabs! :cheese:

Its not about the rank, its about the person behind it.

What that small majority doesnt understand is that post counts mean nothing. It's not as if your post count equals your IQ, quite the contrary. There are headcrabs out there that have been around the community much longer than the vets of this forum, and many intelligent people joining the HL community with much more intelligent questions. It's of course all a power thing... but of course we all get high on power once and a while.

Rally my headcrab bretheren! :cheers: Fight back the angry few!

hep ,me!!111~@oneeleven

i downlaod haflife 2 an it dun wrk111!

hep plz sum1!1~

Do I make a good headcrab?

Well here comes the flameage. I knew this thread wouldn't last.

If it's any consolation, my post was a somewhat poor attempt at humour.

Don't flame all the headcrabs. I'm one now and feel I contribute to whatever I post, and many others do as well. It's just those who call everyone gay and either hate/love Valve blindly who should be dumped into a landfill.:flame:

This thread, totoally unrelated to HL2 other than the fact that "headcrabs" are in the game, is a perfect reason why such rankings should be removed. It would remove the "I need to post more irrelevant posts so I can get status upgraded," mindset. Did this really need a new thread in the HL2 Discussion forum!??!?!

well, it looks like your the only one who things so. :p

but really, there isnt anything else to talk about in the HL2 disscusion besides the hAXXoRS! and the beta, i think this topic has meaning to it.

Originally posted by CptTrips
This thread, totoally unrelated to HL2 other than the fact that "headcrabs" are in the game, is a perfect reason why such rankings should be removed. It would remove the "I need to post more irrelevant posts so I can get status upgraded," mindset. Did this really need a new thread in the HL2 Discussion forum!??!?!
^^^^
simple logic

The conotation of 'headcrab' in the literal sense is just gross anyways.

I have been away for a few days so I might have missed this. But who has ever flamed or did wrong to someone because they are a headcrab?

Whoever does something like that should certainly be reported and dealt with by the mods.

When threads are closed, it's best not to just start a new thread on the same subject - it was closed for a reason.

Originally posted by Thadius Dean
there isnt anything else to talk about in the HL2 disscusion besides the hAXXoRS! and the beta, i think this topic has meaning to it.

I agree, we shouldn't stereotype these few because of the majority. And there are some extremely immature Ant Lions, from what I've seen. Just because they've come into the community, now, doesn't mean they should be treated like they know nothing about Hl2, or anything for that matter. This is a game forum, I'm sure you can use this place for proper behavioral analysis. (Yeah right.) Besides, what would you expect on... --A GAME FORUM?
How are they supposed to up their post score if they can't do that? Don't worry little Headlecrabs, we support you!

-Ghost.

I hate headcrabs. Always hiding in ceiling tiles and jumping in my face when I least expect it... And who the hell taught them how to use the internet?? DIE, HEADCRABS, DIE! :sniper:

I just think that really lame headcrab threads should be deleted. Like the "VaLvE sUcKs" threads or the "When is it coming out?". The whole "Lay off Valve" threads are getting a bit old, but I see their point, I just wish people could express their views in the original thread rather than making their own just so their opinion is at the top of the list.

I've been registered longer than most of the people who were saying headcrabs shouldn't be allowed to post new topics. ;p

is it number of posts that defines your rank or how long you've been registered?

Originally posted by Baal
is it number of posts that defines your rank or how long you've been registered?

Number of posts. I've only been here a week, but I'm very involved in the forum. NO, I don't spam. Like I said, very involved. I try to elaborate on the important subject matter. Somtimes I find myself writing one or two line replies. But I guess it's okay, as long as it's not SPAM.

-Ghost.

very good movie... i thought i'd add my two cents... if the thread has been posted before then why not direct them to the post instead of saying "use search you n00b."

why not set an example and say:
"here is the url for the original forum post (http.... blah blah.) people have already answered your question before, use the search function to find any other questions you have"

it would make for a much more positive supportive community.

like i said... just my two cents.

Originally posted by ThePDW
My thoughts on the whole headcrab thing!

http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mid=925690C7-4335-4FD1-A03F-A093C73D6DC0

Ah that made me smile, the dawn of headcrabs.

Infact it actually gave me an evil idea. I know people can get annoyed with Headcrabs but a status on forums doesn't represent knowledge or maturity. From now on, anyone who constantly bitches about Headcrabs will have a custom title created - it'll say.. yes you've guessed it ;)

"Headcrab"

hahah that's great d33, i think you should start enforcing it.

Its not all headcrabs, ive seen many posts like this in the general discussion:

TOPIC: Hi
TEXT: hi

EDIT:
And you put them in the wrong categories!!!
Is this related to Half-Life 2?!
Why is it in the Half-Life 2 discussion then?!
Moved to OFF-TOPIC!

lol i really like that headcrab idea. or we could just make everyone on this forum "headcrab"

then you will be able to tell the nice people from the mean ones. because they will all be n00bs :p

Back