Age of Empires II HD

Looks pretty enough, but did they add features to make the game easier to interact with, like Rise of Nations?

My guess is probably not, but considering this was one of my favorite games of all time, I think I'll probably pick it up anyways. Interestingly enough Hidden Path entertainment is the studio that helped Valve do assets for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Those guys are doing pretty well for themselves. I hope this is a good remastering.

edit: sweet, it has workshop support.

I wonder how many other games from this era will get this treatment. That's both this and Baldur's Gate on my list to eventually get, cos I loved both of them but have a bitch of a time trying to get the original discs to run properly. Maybe its just nostalgia, but I'd love to see a few more of the older games done in this way.
The workshop support is great news too. Is it effectively doing the same job as downloading mods did back then?

Another quick cash grab. Also 20 bucks for a 14 year old game is ridiculous.

I might buy it if it goes on a 75% or bigger sale. $20 is too much for a texture pack and fancy mod support for a game people stopped really modding a decade ago.

The "closeness" of the camera to the ground is exactly why I like AoE 1 better than 2. Couldn't see ****ing anything in #2 aside from one building. I'm stoked on this, tbh.

Back