Alan Wake: Humble Sale

DEATHMASTER

The Freeman
Reaction score
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

In case you haven't heard of the game series (only 2 so far), it's pretty awesome. It tells a dark, gritty story and the gameplay is pretty fun too. I bought the game on Steam quite a while back but I decided to get this because of the new extras. Pay what you want for the games, and a whole crapton of extras not released before including:

Early Alan Wake Demos (torrent) 246 MB
Harry Garrett Show (torrent) 136 MB
Making of Videos (torrent) 2.6 GB
Writer in the Cabin clips (torrent) 318 MB
Night Springs Episodes (torrent) 4.0 GB
Balance Slays the Demon Music Video (torrent) 141 MB
Alan Wake "The Movie" (full playthrough of the game) (multiple GBs)
The Library of concept art and production photos 44.0 MB
Alan Wake Score Sheet Music 46.8 MB
Alan Wake Screenplays 1.03 MB
Alan Wake Visual Identity Guidelines 1.86 MB
The Alan Wake Files Book 5.2 MB
Alan Wake Wallpapers 50.8 MB
Cardboard Cutouts 12.7 MB
Night Springs Comic Book 128 MB
Psycho Thriller Comic Book 94.2 MB

This is a message from them to us about a possible sequel and where the developer, Remedy, is at right now:

That video creeped me out and I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Picked this up because I heard great things about it. Debating whether to play this or L.A. Noire first, any suggestions?

Haven't played LA but this game definitely has action and story, good graphics to boot.

Alan Wake was fun for a while, but the combat/general gameplay gets pretty repetitive/annoying. Not to mention I found the story conclusion really unsatisfying.

Done! Cheers for the heads up Deathmaster.... I've been on the verge of getting those games for ages when they hit the sales, but there's always been something else I want more... This was too good a deal to pass up.

There's some stuff you just don't see being released too. There's over a thousand pages of the game's story script, advertisement techniques (which logo to use in which circumstance), it's just a nice look into the thinking of the production put into the franchise.

Love Alan Wake and this is a bundle I have bought even though I already bought Alan Wake twice and American Nightmare once. Just a pity Remedy have gone crawling back to Microsoft and their exclusivity deals of bad sales and poor advertising.

Back