Alien Versus Predator

Reaction score
How many people here in the UK are planning on seeing this when it comes out soon? From what I've seen its a disapointment as far as carrying on a classic set of films go...but, as a pure "entertainment" film i.e You go to watch the special affects, and fight scenes. Not for the intelectualy stimulation - it looks quite good. Still, its a shame they set it in unreasonable circumstances in Antartica. What with the silly temple and all...Also, aliens were first discover by humans, 200 years in the future :| Nevermind...I'l just have to watch the film and hope that from the rigid acting, and shallow story I can scrape something of an explanation for certain things.

It was a good action movie. The storyline worked, i only caught a few flaws, nothing major though.

Watching it right now. Got this feeling when I've watched it, that I'll forget about the movie instantly. It's nothing special, looks low budget and it's set in present day. Kinda dissapointing. Would've liked it better if it was set in the future. It's missing that thing that made Alien interesting (for me that is)..

Edit: Actually it's too boring to sit this one out. I'm going to see if I have something else too watch...

Worst movie I've seen it a while, and it killed two great franchises.

Could have been an okay-ish pilot for a mini-series or something. I was really really disappointed with this movie, the comic books had tons of ideas and a great plotline they could have used.

I saw it when it was here in the US. It was such a bad movie.
I was expecting so much from it, but it let me down in so many ways.

NOTE TO SELF: Stay away from VERSUS movies.

AVP was pretty sad. i mean come on, the chick and the predator are ****ing working together!!! what the hell is that shit? they run away for an explosion together!!! christ, why didnt they just run hand in hand? and then kiss at the end? the movie was pretty cool up until her and the predator started bonding. the fx were nice, the suspense was decent, and the alien/predator fight was pretty cool... but its like, the writers of the movie were like, 'dude... i got 10 bucks that says i can write the ending to this movie with my penis.'

'you're on!!'... what a waste of 2 great franchises.

It was "ok" until about 2-3 mins into the movie.

Brian Damage said:
I quite enjoyed it. Dunno why people don't like it...

It seems to me they either had too high expectations of it...or like most of these things, its cool not to like new stuff when you can be "old skool" and be part of the cult following of films like Alien.

Farrowlesparrow said:
It seems to me they either had too high expectations of it...or like most of these things, its cool not to like new stuff when you can be "old skool" and be part of the cult following of films like Alien.

I'll tell you why I didn't like it.

Because it was little more than a fanboy's wet-dream, put together with crap acting, a crap script, crap direction, and a matrix slow-motion shot of a facehugger. Even the fight scenes were rubbish. It was a really bad film, very much laughable to me. The only redeeming thing I could think of was that the set design was pretty nifty.

And I had very LOW expectations of it as well, especially after how the director fudged up Resident Evil...for anyone who's planning to see it, don't expect much. At all.

One of my top 5 worst movies of all time. And Willard and Extreme Ops are in that list.. so, it's gotta be pretty bad.

you can see why i didnt like it in my post above... the predator and the chick were bonding!!! they ran away from an explosion together, his dreads and her air, bobbing in the background!!! what the hell is that?!?!?! this isnt 'how stella got her groove back', this is freaking alien vs. predator!!!

what a waste of $7.00...

Back