America's Army Joins Steam

Every time I join a server, the game freezes up.
Me too, I joined a server with 17 players in it, when I connected it was empty.

I tried out the movement. I ran down the road, then I crouched by a van, then I went prone next to the van. My graphics drivers then crashed and rebooted my PC.

Since then I've not bothered to open it again, since Prototype is much better <3

Jesus, the US Army expects a lot if hitting all the damn targets isn't good enough.

FYI update released tonight:

Updates to America's Army 3 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

America's Army 3

• Removed apparent lag caused by other players entering or leaving a server
  • Improved start of round spawn issues
  • Resolved problem with training results not saving
  • Improved communication with Authentication server
  • Eliminated freezing up when moving from one training mission to another
  • Cleared up hesitation during training missions
  • Significantly reduce number of authentication transactions between player and Authentication server
  • Solved achievements save and display problems
  • Improved Login communication with Authentication server
  • Improved player statistics tracking for better accuracyImproved overall performance

News link here

Worth another try!?

Joined a server and players were constantly leaving/joining. The rounds never started either.

Also my medical training didn't appear to save. Although I think it will eventually show up like it has previously.

User authentication servers (or whatever they are called) are running smoothly. I haven't tried Multiplayer yet, although that might be due to getting kicked off the server as soon as I join. Anybody know the cause of this?

Also, I just completed Advanced Rifleman Training (Tier 1) and want to do some Marksman training. But I need more unlock points, and I've already completed Basic Combat Training. Any tips?

Back