any hardcore metalheads?

ilovemetal

Reaction score
Hello im a fellow metalhead im looking for metalheads who do not like that slipknot shit or that nu-metal shit like korn or that other gay shit... im looking for people who like the folowing
Sepultura, Brujeria, Overkill, Slayer, Morbid Angel, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Haunted, At The Gates, and many other underground bands and unkown metalbands

ilovemetal said:
.......other underground bands and unkown metalbands

"WOW ALMOST NO ONE HAS HEARD OF THIS BAND, IM GONNA LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC AND BE COOL, YOU KNOW, BECAUSE IM DIFFRENT FROM EVERYBODY ELSE THAT WAY"

:E

I love a bit of a smackdown in the morning.

And like Kage, I'm into too much gay shit.

ilovemetal said:
Hello im a fellow metalhead im looking for metalheads who do not like that slipknot shit or that nu-metal shit like korn or that other gay shit... im looking for people who like the folowing
Sepultura, Brujeria, Overkill, Slayer, Morbid Angel, The Black Dahlia Murder, The Haunted, At The Gates, and many other underground bands and unkown metalbands

I see you have Sep and Slayer in your list there mate, but you know, you shouldn't just palm off the majority of popular metal bands just cos they've made it big.

I like a variety of different bands from 'mainstream' metal (ie bands that hit the big time) to underground 'lesser known' bands that don't get as much recognition as they deserve.

There's nothing cool about just liking underground stuff. It just proves you're not a true music lover and it's all about the 'image' for you.

If you like a band's MUSIC then embrace them, don't pretend to hate them for fear of being, 'one of the crowd' or because too many little kids like them.

It's all about the MUSIC, not the IMAGE.

Peace.

Yeh im a metal head, every night I SMASH down to the TUNES OF SATAN for thyyy shalllllll ROCK AGGGGGGGHHHHH, ROCK AGHHHHHHHHHHHH, FOR THE DRAGON COMES IN THE niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteee, to KILL YOU ALL, WUAHAHAHAHAA
DEATH DEATh
MUWAHAHAHA
DEATH DEATH
MARGGGGGGGG
ROCK ROCK
muagggggggggggghhhh, muaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SATAN SATAN SATAN KILL EVRYONE

yup

I like Satan, oops I mean Slayer.

I'm mostly into the more melodic metal though.

Kristafon said:
Yeh im a metal head, every night I SMASH down to the TUNES OF SATAN for thyyy shalllllll ROCK AGGGGGGGHHHHH, ROCK AGHHHHHHHHHHHH, FOR THE DRAGON COMES IN THE niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteee, to KILL YOU ALL, WUAHAHAHAHAA
DEATH DEATh
MUWAHAHAHA
DEATH DEATH
MARGGGGGGGG
ROCK ROCK
muagggggggggggghhhh, muaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SATAN SATAN SATAN KILL EVRYONE

yup

LMFAO :E

What's the band that sings "Go Go Godzilla!"? What a ****in' awesome song. But maybe that's just me.

Dude, how could you not have Helloween on that list?

hahahha great shit and to let u know i do not think its cool to like underground i like some big time metalbands i even listed some but i love underground more :) ive read some of ur guys posts like searanox... u got some good bands.. but some of u other bitches that said its all about satan u can eat my shit then douche ur mother

Went to see Slipknot and Slayer on the Unholy Alliance Tour (Hatebreed too, missed Mastodon sadly.) and I must say that night, in my opinion:
Slipknot > Slayer
Slipknot are so energetic and powerful live, Slayer just stood there, Kerry and Jeff alternately playing solos. Gets a tad tiresome. Was still an awesome perfomance by both, and Hatebreed were pretty damn good too.

killswitch engage are cool!
anyone heard of throwdown?
hatebreed are pretty good too.

even though i dont listen to much metal!

I like mainstream gayshit, without slipknot. I like 'tallica and pantera, but i guess they are too gay. I'l never be a true metal head ;(

I love Metallica, does that count?

And Black Sabbath too, thats some good shit right there.

old metallica like their first album kill em all s good and to u ****s who r saying i said mainstream bands are gay... **** YOU i love pantera and shit like that not slipknot though and like searanox said slipknot is POP ROCK with screaming...

ilovemetal said:
old metallica like their first album kill em all s good and to u ****s who r saying i said mainstream bands are gay... **** YOU i love pantera and shit like that not slipknot though and like searanox said slipknot is POP ROCK with screaming...

Well, you DID specifically pick on nu-metal and bands like Korn "and other gay shit".

And slipknot are pop-rock? That's just unfair; Busted are pop-rock, Slipknot are far from it.

Id say Slipknot is nu metal which is considered terrible for some reason for its semi pop style. There are however some brilliant artists, Rage, Limp Bizkit, Lost Prophets. I like nu metal more than normal metal to be honest, I find its more "diverese" style more entertaining. Just isnt for everyone I guess...

What about the slightly more "gothic" metal?

Bands like:

• Genitorturers
  • Queen Adreena
  • Sisters Of Mercy
  • Lunatica
  • Within Temptation

And that type of stuff?

Metal bands I like

Death
Extol
Opeth
As I Lay Dying
Haste the Day
etc, etc

How can you say Slipknot is pop-rock? Have you listened to any of there songs like sic? That sounds like metal to me...

People seemed to have missed Danzig!! I think he's better now than he was in the Misfits.

Slipknot are nu-metal I'm afraid, but far more respectable than bands like KoRn and their other peers. Some of their songs are alright, proof that nu-metal doesn't have to be shit I think.

Sepultra only had one good album, Beneath the Remains. Schizo was pretty damn good too. Overkill had a few good ones, The Years of Decay and their Wrecking Everything live album. Slayer also had a few, South of Heaven, Decade of Agression, Haunting the Chapel (which is Thrash). But God Hates Us All was the gayest one.

Morbid Angel's album, Covenant, is mediocre.

Well, this sounds like about a sixth-rate Pleasure to Kill ripoff. That's really what the riffs are. There's a lot of single-note repetition riffs... one note eight times, another eight times, etc etc. Apparently this is typical "death metal" riffage... but damn if that doesn't sound anything like Possessed, Nocturnus, etc etc. This isn't really an awful album, it is just pretty mediocre. There's one good song on here (Angel of Disease) and then a lot of songs which are generally similar sounding and all pretty mediocre.

The Haunted and At The Gates suck.

Just listen to the first song - Beyond Good and Evil... there is one basic death-metal riff to start things off, and under that, the drummer can't really decide what he is doing, but it ends up distracting from the music. Then, around 0.37 there is a different riff, which also just lacks catchiness and any sense of groove - it's too hard to headbang when half the notes seem to be out of time.

If you want an amazing heavy metal album, Seventh Son of the Seventh Son is the way to go.

PS. Slipknot is not metal. :)

And for what it's worth I listen to:

* Judas Priest
* Iron Maiden
* Torture Squad
* Dark Angel
* W.A.S.P.

I'm finding more bands too... whatever UltraBoris gives above 95% is probably awesome, since I've agreed with him so far. *cough*St. Agony*cough*

how can u say at the gates and the haunted suck??? and no Arise from Sepultura was also very good... and morbid angel mediocre hahaha funny shit..

I listen to metallica, for some reason people keep going on about how they are crap and over-rated. But they are amazing apart from the new crap such as st anger, i bought that album and it is never being played again enough said :(.

Nightwish are good for personal listening.

Listened to some death metal: slayer and opeth I feel are boring but I liked Arch enemy thats quality.

Dont listen to metal much anymore, Punk is the way to go :D

jeez man, im only saying this to help you out, stop being such a troll!

Fat Tony! said:
I listen to metallica, for some reason people keep going on about how they are crap and over-rated. But they are amazing apart from the new crap such as st anger, i bought that album and it is never being played again enough said :(.

Nightwish are good for personal listening.

Listened to some death metal: slayer and opeth I feel are boring but I liked Arch enemy thats quality.

Dont listen to metal much anymore, Punk is the way to go :D

Metallica had some really good early albums.

I'm a metalhead, I'm listening to Opeth - Deliverance. I'm really not a hgue fan of the deat metal "uahhh" kind of vocals, but it's growing on me ( the music, not vocals).

My favorite metal bands are oldies...metallica, megadeth, iron maiden, motorhead, AC DC

I like Killswitch: engage and a local band "i killed the prom queen'

I love metal but anything with Cookie Monster vocals is shit.

Back