Anyone from the Day of defeat boards here?

figge

Reaction score
:borg: Come on all, where are you guys...

Think... Hl2 + dod = game of the century :dork:

DoD sucks :p

DoD can't decide what kind of game it wants to be. beta 1.x was more of a Team Deathmatch than anything, than beta 2.x-3.x was a campfest and now 1.0 is a CS ripoff... Go figure. Only one I really liked was beta 1.x and 1.0 is okay.

I'm a ol' Day of Defeat player although I never really posted at the forums. I did quite a bit around beta 1.0 time but Shellshocks poor administration forced me to leave.

DoD Kicks !!

Would be sooooo cool if it was released to HL2 too !!!! :eek:

1.0 rulez !!

:cheers: tgkb and ac :)
Nice to see some dod doods here :cool:

meh been on the dod boards since Dec.1999 on there little geocties looking site.

5 accounts banned..

They never did figured out how i could unban my IP from them..

Dude, change your name to Glass Factoryman. I don't know why I find your place of employment funny, I just do, even if I'll only ever amount to being a dishevelled hepatitis carrying drifter...

Ive been playing since 1.3b and i can say that its the best HL mod followed by Svencoop, which is also a great mod

DoD rox!

Day of Defeat actually did decide the game it wanted to be. At first from b 1.0 to 1.3, it was a team deathmatch mod.

From 2.0 and now on, it is a realism mod, as the dod team said they wanted it to be...

It blows CS away in terms of gameplay depth, realism, maps, sounds, and graphics..

You should go try it.

P.S. be warned it dosent work well with older machines tho.

Realism? Don't know about that. I tried DOD's latest release, and it's far from realism. The game can be fun at times, but it's esentially a CS clone with a facelift.

Originally posted by Sirius
Realism? Don't know about that. I tried DOD's latest release, and it's far from realism. The game can be fun at times, but it's esentially a CS clone with a facelift.

I don't see anything about dod that is in CS (exept Weapon drop =p
and radar...)

The entire feel of the game screams CS. The biggest difference: less bullets are required to kill someone.

Originally posted by Sirius
The biggest difference: less bullets are required to kill someone.

dod - 1-4 bullets to kill someone

CS - 1-4 clips :dork:

There are some old skool doders lurking around here like muny, myself and starmy, you just have to find them ;)

dod is so much better then cs and most of the players playing cs and dod is so not a copy of cs

i was dod man back in 1.0 days then i quit due it not liking it and came back for 1.3b which i loved and still do, IMO 1.3b had it own feel so did 2.0 nad on but 1.3b was teh best. i dont play much of 1.0 just because its a lot like 2.0, dont get me wrong i own at it but the feel doesnt fit me. and it does have a lil cs feel to it but its minimumal . im afraid im a bit of a CS man now which i thought was impossible when i was playin 1.3b but here i am, of and figge it onl takes 1-3 bullets in cs to bring someone down if your good same with dod although most of the time in dod its a one or 2 shot drop.

Originally posted by loque
dod is so much better then cs and most of the players playing cs and dod is so not a copy of cs

wtf ?

/me smacks myself in the head...

what whas I thinking ?

is not day of defeat v1.0, is Counter Defeat v1.0, i hate the new dod im not going to play it anymore, just ****ing comercial kids and n00bs

dod 3.1 rOCKS !!!!

Originally posted by Fyd
is not day of defeat v1.0, is Counter Defeat v1.0, i hate the new dod im not going to play it anymore, just ****ing comercial kids and n00bs

dod 3.1 rOCKS !!!!

1.3 > all (atleast it was the funniest dod)
dod 1.0 > cs

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic
i seen u around :cheers:

OMG THATS IT BANNED!!

WHAT DID I SAY!!?? NO FLAMING!!! I DONT CARE IF YOU WERE LAUGHING AT HIS JOKE!!! I SAID NO FLAMING!!! NO COUNTRY BASHING!!!??!!21111

DONT EVEN POST HERE!!! THESE FORUMS ARE MINE!!! ALL MINE MINE MINE AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY DONT WOMEN LIKE MEEEEEEEEE?!!?!?!SWA@@@@@@!!

/shellshock

Back