Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative

Wheaties-Of-Doom

Space Core
Reaction score
So it looks like this was released. I could be wrong; I haven't gotten to try it yet. My current computer wont even run Terraria. (*Moment of self pity ensues*) Anyway, someone with a set-up that is working properly should take a look:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280740

Also, can we expect one of those lovely video mod reviews for this now that it [is out / is near completion]?

So it looks like this was released. I could be wrong; I haven't gotten to try it yet.
Nope, it isn't out yet.

Also, can we expect one of those lovely video mod reviews for this now that it [is out / is near completion]?
I know the developer, so a review has been on the cards for a long time now. Yes, it'll happen.

Alright, it's available... but you have to pay for it.... not that I mind supporting those who made it, but can they do that? Did they get Valve's permission to sell it?

Alright, it's available... but you have to pay for it.... not that I mind supporting those who made it, but can they do that? Did they get Valve's permission to sell it?
Yes, they did. Valve have also been promoting the game on the Portal Facebook page too. If you have yet to buy it, hang around until tomorrow afternoon to check out our full review, which I'm currently about halfway through editing.

I don't want to be ass but i really hate when they get rid off original Portal concept. A Portal game/mod should be about solving tests with a gun shooting portals, not with a gun shooting gels or freezing time. Some time ago, a friend and i played a few custom test maps (from Workshop) with gel gun and they're extremely easy. They don't make your mind blown and only take 2 minutes to solve.

Anyway, i wish them best of luck. There are too many negative reviews and still counting tho.

And here's the real Portal 2 mod i've been waiting for a long time and i hope it will be good.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/264040/

Last edited:
I don't want to be ass but i really hate when they get rid off original Portal concept. A Portal game/mod should be about solving tests with a gun shooting portals, not with a gun shooting gels or freezing time.

Isn't there a workshop chocked full of user generated maps just for that? I think it's pretty cool for a mod to take the original game in a new direction. In fact, most Valve games are based off of mods that took the original game in new directions (Team Fortress, Dota, Counter-strike).

If it helps, just think of it as the original Tag game with a coat of Aperture paint.

Isn't there a workshop chocked full of user generated maps just for that? I think it's pretty cool for a mod to take the original game in a new direction. In fact, most Valve games are based off of mods that took the original game in new directions (Team Fortress, Dota, Counter-strike).

If it helps, just think of it as the original Tag game with a coat of Aperture paint.

Have you read the rest of my post?

Dohoho...I see what you did there.
See what I...? Oh... oh, yeah, that pun was entirely intentional. Really.

Have you read the rest of my post?
I did. I just find it odd that you complain about Aperture Tag taking a unique direction when you know of a whole plethora of workshop levels that provide the core portaling game-play. ("Portal" is now a verb. I'm not sorry.)

Back