appid not configured

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
I've been getting this error all day now when I try to run TF2- it loads the valve logo splash screen, gets to the menu loading screen then freezes and pops up this error with the windows error dialogue.

I've tried verifying the game cache, then redownloading the game altogether. Did nothing.

Oh god please no, I just reformated a few weeks ago. Google took me to a few posts about cracked games, but mine is legit. Plus one on SPUF, but obviously I can't read that one.

Do this:

Follow these instructions to reset the configuration for a specific game

Navigate to the store page for the game you wish to reset and get the appID from the URL
It should look like this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/<appID>/
Disable Steam Cloud
Navigate to “Steam\SteamApps\<username>\<game>\<game>\cfg \” and delete “config.cfg”
Navigate to “Steam\userdata\<usernumber>\<appID>\remote\c fg\” and delete “config.cfg”
Launch the game, allow it to write a new config file, then exit the game
Enable Steam Cloud
Launch the game and test the issue.

I think TF2 is 440 IIRC.

I have the same problem with Dota2. I try your manipulation Glenn but it doesn't work....
can you please help me ?

I have the same problem with Dota2. I try your manipulation Glenn but it doesn't work....
can you please help me ?
Have you tried validating your files? Did you try mod your Dota 2? Have you ever been able to launch it before?

yes a tried to validating my files, but it seems to do nothing.
mod my Dota 2 ? i don't understand ....
yes, of course i play Dota 2 before, this error begin the last week. He doesn't want to launch half the time.

Back