April 19th Easter Egg (INTERSTING COINCIDENCE)

Reaction score
Today, Portal 2 released which has a rouge AI based antagonist within GLaDOS. Well I also remembered this factoid from a beloved movie series of mine.

April 19, 2011: The day SKYNET went online in the Terminator Universe. SKYNET went rogue, launch nuclear weapons, killed the personnel in charge of it and became a icon of the film series

Interesting.......

Holy shit, good find. Haha knowing VALVe this was intentional.

That's the last date yeah... but it changed in every Terminator. The first one was in 1997. Probably not entirely coincidence though...

That's the last date yeah... but it changed in every Terminator. The first one was in 1997. Probably not entirely coincidence though...

Its still considered cannon as it was the most recent "Judgement Day" as seen in Terminator 4. I doubt they'll change it again

I believe the date changes could be explained away due to the manipulation of historic events through time travel.

I believe the date changes could be explained away due to the manipulation of historic events through time travel.

Such is the nature of every time travel story ever written...

Terminator 3 made it clear that they could not prevent judgement day... and somehow the guy that sent them to the bunker knew that. They obviously won't change it again and I'm not realy sure how they could make another movie, but I'm sure that they will try.

Back