Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360!

Man|-|unter

Reaction score
asscreedonx360.jpg

4Gamer.net has posted an article (in Japanese) and pictures of an Assassin's Creed presentation, which clearly shows the game (or at least, a title screen) running on Xbox 360 hardware. There's been plenty of speculation concerning Creed's flimsy PS3 exclusivity, including several instances in which the game was allegedly confirmed for Xbox 360, but Ubisoft has yet to make an official announcement regarding Assassin's Creed's final destination(s).

Update: As 'makattack' suggests in the comments section, the Xbox 360 was used at the presentation to demo Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six. In the photo, the Xbox 360 is off, as is the display it's connected to (behind Ubisoft's Claude Langlais). The adjacent display that features the Assassin's Creed logo is apparently playing a video run from a PC. Guess this is more like: "Look: Assassin's Creed next to Xbox 360!"

[Source: Joystiq]

=====================================================================

As I was just checking the gaming news, I have been hit with more news on this title......

Ubisoft Using Assassin's Engine for New Project
New Prince of Persia? New IP? More questions emerge.

The Scimitar Engine, the one powering Ubisoft's beautiful Assassin's Creed, is going to be put to work on more games from the French company. Claude Langlais, technical director on Assassin's Creed (and the chap who dropped the Assassin's Creed demo tidbit to us), told 1UP that the engine powering Assassin's Creed -- the Scimitar Engine -- wasn't just going to be used for the Holy War killing game.

"Scimitar is being used in another, currently unannounced IP," Langlais told 1UP. When we pressed on whether or not that was an Assassin's follow-up, Langlais said it was not an AC follow-up. When pushed further on whether or not the game was a new or existing IP, Langlais said he couldn't say. He did, however, confirm that the game would be announced next year (thanks?). Could the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time team be using their Scimitar engine to power the first next-gen PoP title after they wrap up work on Assassin's Creed? Whether the Asssassin's team is making the game in question or not, at least we know what the tech behind this unannounced title is -- Scimitar.

[Source: 1up]

Like this will come as a big surprise to anyone...:|

Timed exclusive though, timed....

port it to PC and I wont have a reason to buy a 360 :E

..oh ok ..so once it's ported to pc I'll have even less of a reason to get a 360 :E

..oh ok ..so once it's ported to pc I'll have even less of a reason to get a 360 :E
Considering the constant delays RE4 has suffered and the poor quality of the Onimusha 3 PC port, I think it's beginning to look more and more unlikely we'll see a Dead Rising port!:LOL:

meh either way I'm not getting a 360 for one (maybe two) games ..my next console will probably be a Wii ..but that's mostly for my son

Take a closer look at the picture (and also re-read the first person's post since apparently nobody read it but only looked at the picture)

1) The Xbox360 is turned off
2) The display it's connected to is also turned off (it's the one on the right side of the image)
3) At this event, the Xbox360 was used to demo Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six
4) What is being shown in that picture is an Assasin's Creed video being played by a PC.

As Joystiq says... This should be more like "Assasin's Creed next to an Xbox360"

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/28/look-assassins-creed-on-xbox-360/

Back