ATi Half-Life 2 Coupon Exposed

rec

Reaction score
Online IT store, GamePC, were kind enough to send Fragmaster of Planet Half-Life a scan of the HL2 redemtion coupon included inside the new range of ATi Radeon XT cards.

Unfortunately, as expected, the coupon does not reveal any light on the topic of a release date and mentions only that your copy of Half-Life 2 will be sent to you once the game is publicly availible. Among the print on the coupon is this URL; which provides us with another bundle of details on how we'll be redeeming our copies of Half-Life 2 when released.

anyone notice the * next to the word FREE... always a catch eh lol

so it needs a key to activate it then. Do you suppose thats part of the new method (if Valve changed anything after the theft) or just an ATI thing that has no baring on registering the actual game on Steam or whatever needs to be done?

Posted on the hl2 discussion forum :p

4 to 6 weeks ? Pfft we want the real date of the realease.

XShrike, did you even read the news post?

Unfortunately, as expected, the coupon does not reveal any light on the topic of a release date and mentions only that your copy of Half-Life 2 will be sent to you once the game is publicly availible

Originally posted by Xtasy0
heres a larger image incase anyone wanted to see it, it was posted on hardocp last week http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA2NjMzMTI2MWltOWc4VEUxTnNfMV8xX2wuanBn

and heres an image of the back of the card (the scratch off part hasnt bee scratched off obviously ;)) http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/aiw9600pro/img/a10.JPG

so according to the back, once its been scratched off you can't return it.. even if it breaks, so does that invalidate the warrenty, after that thing about overheating I'm sure the conspiricy theorists are going to have a field day with that one :)

Originally posted by Fenric1138
so according to the back, once its been scratched off you can't return it.. even if it breaks, so does that invalidate the warrenty, after that thing about overheating I'm sure the conspiricy theorists are going to have a field day with that one :)

well i assume if there is a technical problem you can RMA it to ATi, but alot of retailers won't even pay attention to the card im sure, and they'll prolly get some people buying it, taking the card and returning the card.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
well i assume if there is a technical problem you can RMA it to ATi, but alot of retailers won't even pay attention to the card im sure, and they'll prolly get some people buying it, taking the card and returning the card.

I imagine though when its released (the game that is) it'll be included with it instead?

Originally posted by Fenric1138
I imagine though when its released (the game that is) it'll be included with it instead?

no idea, it is a possibility.

The release date is under the scratch off panel! Quick!! someone post a photo!

hahaha! Maybe the scratch off panel is Valves newest way to encourage young people into gambling... Unlucky buyers unfortunately find "haha, sucked in" underneight their panel :D

OR watch them say well instead of S/H you can DL it off Steam. As a matter of fact since you have the CD key already shouldnt you be able to DL off Steam as soon as it is availiable, and at your leisure mail away for the CD?

I don't see why not... unless ati can check if you've already requested to download it. Not that theres really any problem if you download it and get the cd is there?

eAi

"Please wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery"

BWAHAHAHA Have fun playing the game after all of us have beaten it twice and talking about how much fun the new mods for it and TFC2 are :cheese:

New mods in 4-6 weeks. I doubt they'd be very good in that time.

eAi

I just read this on the ATI site.

Simply follow the instruction below and mail in your proof of purchase. We will send you your game CDs

Now I've taken that very statement in a literal way. Obviously I don't expect them to just send you two cds uncovered through the mail. But it doesnt say "Simply follow the instructions below and mail in your proof of purchase. We will send you Half Life 2." Their sending discs! Which leads me to believe your not getting the box. I want the box. I want to add it to my collection, read the back, look at it! Ya know? It's a part of the whole experience. Anyone else think their not sending the box like the statement hints at, or do you think I'm just reading into it too much? I dunoo...

AH AHA HAHAHAHA

You poor bastards have to wait for 4-6 weeks for the game to be delivered AFTER it's public. Oh man, don't even bother getting it shipped.

AHAHAHA This made my day :LOL: :LOL:

"free copy of HL2 sent to you when game is made public" this sounds like another string of lawsuits followed by the discontinuation of a star wars action figure from the 70's... :)

Say, is that a picture of the Half-Life 2 box in the background?
Might be, I mean, why go to the bother of cutting out a box shaped picture when you should show a nice big flashy one.

But yeah, I’m all speculation. :x

Originally posted by eAi
New mods in 4-6 weeks. I doubt they'd be very good in that time.

eAi

I dunno. From what all I've read and heard about the developers kit that Valve has put together, sounds VERY easy and intuitive. I did some basic 1 on 1 DM mapping for quake 2 and halflife 1 and I believe this will get a lot more people interested because of it's ease of use. And that's exactly what Valve wants because it's exactly what made HL1 so successful.

Back