2019: The year of Half-Life SFX videos

Lizardizzle

Space Core
Reaction score
Since the dawn of Half-Life, the sound effects had become a treasure to be loved by all. This year, an explosion of interest in Half-Life 1's sound effect library brought about many fantastic creations by dozens of random YouTube channels. There are many across the internet, and many created before 2019, but some of the standouts include such classics as: "the entire introduction to Skyrim re-foley'd and re-voiced by Half-Life's library."

One cannot forget the impressive feats of will and determination of these valiant creators. One man has taken on the task of, over time, re-dubbing the entire award-winning movie: "The Terminator" minutes at a time. So far, he is 11 parts in and I dearly hope he continues, but it a lot of work.

And of course, with the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx, even if the popularity of Half-Life SFX videos has begun to wane, the workhorses of the trend came out of hiding to re-dub the excellently crafted reveal trailer of HL:A with incredibly nostalgic and low-fidelity sound effects we all know and love.

It may all be a simple YouTube trend, but I find them all so wonderful and close to my heart. There are a lot more excellent examples out there. If you know of any stand-outs, feel free to shoot them here.

^The Half-Life Alyx one is pretty great.

This one showed up in my Youtube recommended list a month or so ago....

^The Half-Life Alyx one is pretty great.

This one showed up in my Youtube recommended list a month or so ago....
The spectacular thing about this post is that I'll likely have seen every single one of any video someone comes up with. They are all special to me.

Kelly Bailey is a god

was wondering if he did any contract work on HL:A... he's been doing his own thing for a while now (his own indie VR game) but iirc he did some contract work at Valve a few years back a while after he left. HL:A trailer music sounded like Mike Morasky to me tho

Back