giant384

Tank
Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue where the avatar is to large and overlaps text within a response in the thread?

Nope. Could you provide a screenshot?

Also, let us know what browser you're running etc.

Interpretation of the typo in the thread title: avatars used to be regular-sized, those silly admins changed the avatar setting to "large"

EDIT: God damn nice to see so many oldtimers coming back! I can't forget the Tetris gif.

Overlap.jpg

Using IE9, not my choice. Its the only one that works for what i need at work.

Ahh I can reproduce this, but only in Internet Explorer compatibility mode.

You need to make sure this site doesn't load in Compatibility View.

I forget where the option is, but there is one.

It essentially runs the site in Internet Explorer 7 mode - we don't support Internet Explorer 7, but the site does work in Internet Explorer 8 and above.

Ahh I can reproduce this, but only in Internet Explorer compatibility mode.

You need to make sure this site doesn't load in Compatibility View.

I forget where the option is, but there is one.

It essentially runs the site in Internet Explorer 7 mode - we don't support Internet Explorer 7, but the site does work in Internet Explorer 8 and above.

Nope, not in compatibility mode. I guess everyone uses anything other then IE huh? haha

Most people do, but seriously. I've tested this in IE9 and I only get the problem in compatibility mode... it's fine in IE9, look:
EorY6.png

The only explanation is compatibility view, as it's only if I enable compatibility view in IE9 that I get the problem:

U7mer.png

Are you sure its IE9? Like, super super sure? It also works fine on my laptop with IE9.

Maybe reset defaults? Go to the settings icon > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset Defaults

My bad its actually IE9.0.8112.16421

Apoligies to the Internet..../s

Well, I can confirm that it does that exact issue with IE7 on Vista (and also that this customer doesn't know how to avoid bloatware)
10ctdgy.jpg

My bad its actually IE9.0.8112.16421

Apoligies to the Internet..../s
I have no doubt that you're using IE 9.

But you are viewing this site in compatibility view, or there's some other problem.

The site works fine in IE9 (and IE8) as tested by myself many times in the past and others. As suggested you would need to start by looking at or resetting your settings.

Specifically, click Tools (you may have to press the Alt key for the menu bar to appear) > Compatibility View Settings > and make sure that valvetime.net isn't in the list and definitely make sure that "Display all sites in compatibility view" isn't checked.

Well, I can confirm that it does that exact issue with IE7 on Vista (and also that this customer doesn't know how to avoid bloatware)
10ctdgy.jpg

Yeah it's to be expected. It would require a ****ing awful amount of work to ensure the site is compatible in all browsers. Especially those that are 6 years old. There's versions of Firefox that are newer than IE7 that do not work very well either due to some major performance issues with jQuery.

Also he had 4 antivirus programs, and three shortcuts each for IE and FF on the desktop. And also 380+ viruses.
Did you set fire to it?! (the client, not the computer).

Back