Benchmarking?

P

PinnerDink

Hello,

Im relatively new to computers and recently I purchased a new system. My question is, where can I go and what programs can I use to benchmark my system. I want to be able to compare the numbers so I can see what I probably SHOULD be getting in the benchmarks (Im assuming 3dmark2001 is a good progam, Im just not sure where i can go to see the kind of numbers I should be getting with my setup).

Im running a P4 3GHz 800FSB, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128ddr, and a gig of ram. Also im running under windows xp.

Thanks for any help!
- Pinna

3DMark2001SE is a great tool. I perosnally dislike 3Dmark03 with a passion, but really, thebest benchmarking tools are ingame demos.

3dmark doesn't truly benchmark computers.

3dmark benchmarks video cards, which is only 1 aspect of your computer.

3dmark 03 by the way, is not a true Direct X 9 benchmark, though it claims to be.

Nice specs. I put together a P4 3gig on an ASUS P4G8 back in April. The onboard network adapter is really nice...

As far as benchmarks, I'd just stick with game and app performance. In all honesty, most of the guys posting their benchmark scores are just making up for their lack of other "hardware"...

-Mr. Bildo

Exactly the same pc as mine - apart from the fact im oc from 2.8 to 3ghz - apart from the everyhting is the same.

I can tell u what i got.
3dmark01 - 16800,
3dmark03 - 5740 (overclocked my gfx and got 5900)

3dmark2001 doesnt just measure vido card power, it is also quite cpu dependant so its a bit more reliable than 03 because not many games will use your video card that much

Back