Best Stand-up Comedian

Alig

Reaction score
Title says it all.

Mine would have to be Lee Evans. And you?

Eddie Izzard, Peter Kay, Lee Evans can be very funny when he tries, just doesn't happen too often, the films he's in are good fun though.

Eddie Izzard: Dressed to Kill, Chris Rock: Bigger and Blacker, and Robin Williams: Live on Broadway were all great.

Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy and Bill Hicks. unique visions on society, and brilliantly delivered.

Lee Evans and Bill Bailey are probably my favourites. Peter Kay and Bil Hicks get honourable mentions as well. :D Bill Hicks is a funny guy, but he's just so preachy sometimes.

Chris Rock is pretty good, based on what little I've seen. I saw him in Bowling for Columbine, where he postulated that if all bullets cost 5000 dollars a piece, we wouldn't have so many gun murders.

peter kay, lee evans, jack dee, eddie murphy, billy connolly, omid djalili, bill bailey...can't think who else for now

the guy who does all the starwars noises and is on comedy central

tv show in canada eh!

and i think i am pretty funny when i am entoxicated......

Eddie Izzard and...

RICKY GERVAIS! I can't belive he hasn't been mentioned yet - Animals is a beautiful little piece of work!

Jerry Seinfeld, Dane Cook, Mitch Hedberg (he doens't have all that much material but the stuff he does it great), Chris Rock, Robin Williams.

I used to be really into Pablo Fransico..but recently discovered George Carlin...love his points about religion...

Seinfield, Rock, Norton and Williams. Even Evans.

ricky gervais is good,
and robin williams,
i dont like billy connoly tho, not after what he said about that hostage in iraq..

Peter Kay, Eddie Izzard, Jimmy Carr and Al Murray are all bloody great. I would especially recommend picking up Carr's latest DVD, it's a sublime showcase of dry wit and brilliant delivery.

The ones I listen to the most are George Carlin, Eddie Izzard, and at the moment Louis Black (the third spot changes often). I burned myself out on Jerry Seinfeld by watching every single episode of Seinfeld and all of the stand-up I came across... or else he would have made my top three.

Another comedian I like, but haven't heard enough of to judge thoroughly, is Todd Barry (a short, balding guy that speaks softly and holds the mic close to his mouth with both hands). I loved the only act I've seen him do (and his appearance on Tough Crowd), but it could have been a fluke. Before I saw Pablo Francisco in person I would have put him near the top of the list... but when I saw him at the Tampa Improv the unknown openers all got a better response from the crowd. I'll have to find some more of his stuff.

Also, in the political commentary category I like Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Al Franken.

How the hell did i forget Peter Kay :O He's my second favourite but Lee Evans is just too funny to be lower than Peter Kay......"Garlic bread!!" :D

So who's watching Max and Paddy's road to knowhere tonight? funny shit. :D

i dont see too many stand ups but here in Texas, we all love the blue collar comedy tour (not the show but the actual stand up)

10- Dennis Leary
9- Dane Cook
8- Stephen Lynch
7- Rich Vos
6- Richard Pryor
5- Pablo Francisco
4- Brian Regan
3- Paul Mercurio
2- Jim Norton
1- George Carlin

B.Calhoun said:
+Rich Vos

That slurply idiot :D (talking about Vos)

He's awesome, almost saw him down at ACME here in MN

Back