Bill O'Reilly: There has to be a christian God because tides exist

Yeah, you are totally right Sheepo. From now on when responding to a very general statement (god made the moon) with another very general statement (gravity did it) I will be sure to give specifics nobody asked for (and likely nobody cares about) just so you don't find something to bitch about.

I think I'm finally starting to figure this out. Stern has Vegeta, I have you.

I really think what I said in the first three posts was reasonable and self explanatory. My point is that the explanation is not helpful or informative to anybody, and I just thought it was funny you said it that way, essentially making it sound as silly and nonsensical to someone who doesn't know anything about how those things came to be as O'Reilly's explanation. But once again, I say something, incredible misinterpretation, outrage. Also, the analogy may be correct (though all my posts start innocent and then crazy shit happens), but I feel like it's a pretty bad sign that you're ever in an analogy where you have yourself assigned as Stern.
nah sheepo has this reaction whenever a thread mentions christianity

ppreflex.gif

Despite the fact that I agree with everyone here on the topic?

Where is this outrage you speak of? Also don't get your point on Stern. But actually don't bother, it's time for a drink. Cheers.

Funny this thread was bumped where it was showing as the latest thread on my list. Because no bullshit, the very reason I logged on to hl2.net right now was to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyHzhtARf8M

Must be devine intervention.

Anyway, I was gonna suggest Bill O'Reilly visit wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_impact_hypothesis

I clicked on that video expecting... meh... a 50/50 like/dislike count. Everything went better than expected.

Poor Phobos and Deimos, it's always about Io or Europa, isn't it?

Freedom of Speech needs to be limited because people like this exists with their own show.

Imagine if Jon Stewart released the same video...his biggest fans would be at the front of the line in calling him out (I'd hope). Anyway, whoever told papa bear this whole video-on-the-side thing was a good idea should lose their job...or be paid as a contributor.

His reasoning is so childish; I wish I was related to him so I can scream at him during thanksgiving. If tomorrow we find absolute proof as to how the moon got there, then he'd just move on to the next unknown. "Hey, how'd that thing get there then?" There's no winning because all he would do is keeping asking questions till you can't reasonably answer one and then HA! IT'S GOD! HE TOLD YOU ALL ALONG!

I do kind of have friends like this though. The ones that automatically believe a guy accused of rape did it, and a cop that tazed somebody obviously had to do it. Even if the video of the tazing incident is 10 minutes long and the tazing happens in the last 10 seconds they'll still say, "well we don't know what happened 11 minutes ago..."

My faith in humanity went down a couple more notches.

I should hit -100 on the hope-o-meter here soon.

that is the problem with these question and anwser videos,
they say something stupid asking questions back to the viewers like what bill said and while watching you want to scream "The moon got here because..." but you can't so he thinks he won the argument

Yup, you got the nail on the head there. The one and only problem with this kind of video is that people don't get to respond. Well done! Have a biscuit and a nice glass of warm milk and then it's off to bed with you little Phil.

Yup, you got the nail on the head there. The one and only problem with this kind of video is that people don't get to respond. Well done! Have a biscuit and a nice glass of warm milk and then it's off to bed with you little Phil.

This is a weird post. Kinda like you're saying Dead Phil is right, but then being condescending for no reason.

I need a reason to be condescending? My housemate promised me that I would feel at home here, that my witty and mildly offensive personality would be welcomed here with open arms.

Back