Blowing Limbs off

Pizza

Reaction score
Im not sure if this will be possible with the source engine.. But does anyone know any info if this can be done.. Cause in the 500mb video im pretty sure i see some of those creatures getting some limbs blown off as they run through the doors and the sentrys mow em down..

Any info would be great ?

I strongly beleive it actual is in, but we'll just have to wait and see:dozey:

The zombies did get cut in half.. It is most likely possible!

Well if it is possible then that just makes want to mod for this game even more.

Yeah, and there was that one who was still alive crawling after Gordon:cheese:

i just watched the ant lion part again and its indeed possible to shoot off limbs, so that makes it more realistic, it would be cool if you could brake a leg before dismembering it (so basicly disabeling it), so that you see a zombie or one of those commando's (of the alien race with the fortress called combine) dragging thier hurt leg along. and when you shoot at thier legg again the legg will fall off and you see the commando's fall on the floor screaming in panic or something like that

your kinda evil...arntcha?

i would believe this is in, they need to show a clip of a soldier getin shot in the arm close range wit a shoty.
im pretty sure that no broken bones are in though, and i would be content in sayin that if u shot a limb off that char would be dead even if it was a forearm or foot

If you could cut off limbs, i wanna see a evil dead mod, with chainsaw ... Hell, any mod with a chainsaw would be great...

i love torturing innocent civilian game characters >)

I wonder if someone could mod the skeletons of the humans in HL 2, adding in extra joints that only become active after a certain amount of damage, i.e. breaking them :). It could have secondary affects - the person may not have recieved enough damage to die, but their leg gets broken and they cant walk properly (the havok engine has some fallout effects e.g. spin on a snookerball does not have to be programmed with the engine).

This would probably be only possible for the legs and arms, it could work.....maybe......

that might get irriatating in multiplayer though... ;)

"charge!....shit! i got hit in the leg by some random shot! crawl!"

I was mainly thinking of single player, but if you wanted a super realistic multiplayer that be the way to go :)

A Doom Deathmatch mod, can you imagine the chainsaw?:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Did anyone actually confirm that there will be multiplayer in HL2, i mean it obvious that there would be one but HL2 might be just like Unreal2, god that would be such sh*t :flame:

no iv heard someone mention that they heard there will be hl2 for sure but they couldnt realse any other info on it.

Originally posted by xXSMGXx
Did anyone actually confirm that there will be multiplayer in HL2, i mean it obvious that there would be one but HL2 might be just like Unreal2, god that would be such sh*t :flame:

I think 90% of the people will be pissed of when there is no MP.

if there isnt gonna mp then its gonna have a fast death

There IS indeed MP. PCGamer and another magazine confirms this. They just dont know the extent of it. Besides Valve made a crap load of money and publicity from things like TFC, CS, DOD, FA, etc. It would be a huge downfall in sales and pub. to NOT include it.

Originally posted by Pizza
Would make for a perfect starship troopers mod!

OMG gr8 idea !!!!!!

Any mod maker here that wanna do it ?!?!?!?

I WILL!!!!

it will consist of antilions attacking combine and its a spectator sport...in an arena...i dont think i should make this mod...

anywho i was disapointed with the only starship troopers game(stratedgy) that came out...i kinda gave up on the hl mod too...anyone know how they doin?

Yah same here.. They had some good looking stuff going for them.. Now all there sites are dead.. There was also a serious sam starship troopers mod dont know what happened to that either.

eh sounds dumb.

Originally posted by Pizza
Would make for a perfect starship troopers mod!

I dont know a startship troopers mod would seem stupid because the movie was okay but a mod eh that would get boring. Sorry but i like to play more realistic mods and not boring aliens vs humans. Which brings me to my other mods. Why do people make dbz mods, im sorry but that makes the engine look so outdated :(. I like mods or games that are real life and awesome details.:sniper::sniper:

:afro: <-Me LOL:cheers:

Well, the HL2 engine will change all that :)

RECON! GO! *kicks door down* OH. SHIT. *B00M*

Back