Bots? anyone?

I

IceVirus258

when i create a game and try to add bots (bot_add(_t/_ct)) it says: Error: CreateBot() failed.
and nothig happens.... does this also happen to you or is it just me????

-Thank You

There are no bots. They have not been released.

So much for the "Search" button, eh? I'll just go wipe those cobwebs off it.

There's a lot of cobwebs, I'll help.

Couldn't live without my Spider-B-Gon!

Please will some one explain why people want bots? Why do you want bots? What can you possibly enjoy with bots?

If you're looking to increase your skill you should do it the old fashion way. Just get in the mix and use every cheap and weasly tactic you can. Just don't trash talk until you can back it up with solid skills.

Admit when you're lucky and let all the jerks and 12 year olds roll off you like greased goose shit. It's a good game with a lot of bad people playing it.

Bots to me seem like a waste of time. Unless you are a complete rookie to the FPS genre then bots arn't going to help you at all. Humans are weird creatures and its hard to play against them.

I jsut have much more fun playing with bots. Makes me feel I can at least something Rather than Dying All the darn time. I just Am that bad. playing against bots can improve some of the lag I've been having.

wonkers said:
Please will some one explain why people want bots? Why do you want bots? What can you possibly enjoy with bots?
Well bots are a good escape from the pressures of online. Screw up there and you get flamed as a noob. If you die you have to wait for the round to end unlike bots where you just type bot_kill.

Bots are also a good escape from online servers with:
*Noobs
*Lamers
*Hackers
*Insanely good players who can headshot you with an AK47 from the other side of the map
*People who enjoy shooting through walls when they see you go behind them
*AWP'ers (The lamest of all lame)

wonkers said:
If you're looking to increase your skill you should do it the old fashion way. Just get in the mix and use every cheap and weasly tactic you can. Just don't trash talk until you can back it up with solid skills.
I fail to see how walking around a corner and getting headshot straight away is going to help improve your skill.

wonkers said:
Admit when you're lucky and let all the jerks and 12 year olds roll off you like greased goose shit. It's a good game with a lot of bad people playing it.
Yet another reason not to play online :)

wonkers said:
Bots to me seem like a waste of time. Unless you are a complete rookie to the FPS genre then bots arn't going to help you at all. Humans are weird creatures and its hard to play against them.
Nah Humans are sometimes worse than bots. There is usually one guy who always sits in the same spot with an AWP each round. It's very easy to pick him out. Most people have favorite strategies in levels too so it's easy to setup traps for them. Just camp around the corner you know they will go through since they always do. Just remember that bots have more variety than human oppents if the waypoints are made up right.

Bots are easy and relaxing to play against, human players are very hard and demand maximum concetration = not fun all the time.

I agree, bots should be added to help people gain skills so that they are confident to go online, which means more people playing online with a bigger community. I used to think, hmm HL1 a good SP game and then tried CS and disliked it str8 away as i found it 2 hard but then i played against my bro, m8s and bots who were as good as i was and thats how i was confident enough to go play it olnine and not get frustrated at not being able to kill ne1.

Back