box fade out fix

Reaction score
What do I need to adjust on my graphics settings so that I can see boxes from far away? It kinda sucks on fort wars to not see the boxes till your 3 feet away. also sucks own the one map where everyone is ethier dressers(bombers) or boxes(figthers.) would really apriciate help thanks in advance.

The boxes draw distance is reduced on DirectX 7 compatible graphic cards. It would be good if you'd post your computer specifications.

I don't know what you mean by "dressers(bombers) or boxes(figthers.)", though.

ok I'll look up the specks today and the dressers bombers and boxes fighters thing is on the map I was playing, well trying to play. You could chose to be ground units(Prof. Kliener), Bombers(Dressers), and fighters(boxes). I could fight the ground units but all those air units were hard to fight because they...disapeared. Any way my grphics card is a Nvidia Geforce 4 MX440 W/ 64 MB with VGA and DVI out4. however I don't think its the cards fault cause when I first got hl2 I could see boxes from pretty far off, but when I reinstaled it I couldn't see boxes till I was a few inches away so I just think I have one of the graphic setting set to the wrong thing I just need to know which setting to adjust and to what.

It's a phys_ command, I think. The game automatically started forcing it after an update if your computer wasn't very good.

well I geuss I can live with it till I get my new compu up and running thanks beerdude26.

Back