Brothers in Arms Hells Highway reviewed by PC Gamer US

Reaction score
Just in case anyone was interested. They did not give the game a score, however. Apparently, they completed their review, and just before going to print, were informed that a bug that effected 1 in 200 computers had been in the version they were playing, and the retail version would include the fix for this bug. Ubisoft was also unable to supply PC Gamer with what DRM the game would ship with. PC Gamer, in keeping with their policy of reviewing only final code, and only submitting the review once DRM info is known, wrote "Delayed" where the score would be. The written review itself is still present.

Guessing by the written text, I would guesstimate they are giving it somewhere between 90-95.

They cited almost no negatives. The only hint I got was that the Multiplayer might be a little underwhelming.

But seriously, who the hell play BOH for the MP?

I got bia:hh about a week and a half ago before reading any reviews, and I don't regret it at all. I hadn't played any of the previous games in the series before this one and I am probably missing out. I don't think this is the best game I've ever played or anything, that's probably in part because of the exhaustion of the whole WW2 setting. But I will say that it has one of the most engaging stories, done simply through good story telling (obviously...) and good voice acting. I'm by no means a critic by profession or anything (obviously again...) but if any of you are thinking about getting this game it's all about the single player; from what I've played of the multiplayer there are better options, but no WW2 games matches up to the single player experience of this one in my opinion. Also after playing through it once I saw a lot of reviews out there saying how the graphics aren't up to par with many other games. I honestly don't know what their talking about, this game looks great maybe it's just the level of immersion that makes it look great but I didn't notice any graphical pitfalls or anything. Just my 2 cents.

The game actually makes you care when someone dies or gets severely wounded in the game too, ****ing tear jerking at one point in the game. Ending made me cry on the inside.

Yay didn't know it was coming out for PC. Though now I have another game on my 'to buy' list.

The single-player is VERY good, but the multiplayer is just shat

That doesn't bother me in the least. Games, for me, fall into two major categories.

Games I buy for the multiplayer.
Games I buy for the singleplayer.

This is in the second category.

Of course, occasionally a game comes along that does both well, that's great, but I don't expect it from everything.

Damn so this is worth it? I remember seeing the 1st 2 trailers and thinking wow. But everything after that looked like shit.

I wouldn't bank on a trailer to give you an idea of what a game is like, under any cicrumstance. Once you play it and everything kicks off, it's totally badass.

I can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with a game. Okay, I suppose Bioshock gave me that wow feeling but I have had such good time with BiA: HH these past few days. Completed it on Veteran, now playing it through again on Authentic. It's a lot harder without any crosshair, forces you to use more tactics or rather actually flanking more often.

I also played through the two previous BiA games on PC before getting HH, just to get into the story and the feel for the gameplay.

Next sequel is most likely going to be set in Bastogne.

Strange really as the game has looked pretty terrible for me from the videos I've watched, though I'll stray away from the moronic ''it will be shit'' mentality that some folk like to use every now and again. I may rent/borrow it.

I just bought it for the PC. Hope this turns out good.

I just bought it for the PC. Hope this turns out good.

Let us know how it turns out. :) I'm interested myself, just for $49 and having to gift it over by a friend from the US is a lot of effort, lol.

Back