Brothers in Arms release

jimbo118 said:
just finished it,last mission was good if ripped totally out of band of brothers,the whole game was overrated imo,scores of 9 are exaggerated,it came across rushed and unfinished,the whole characterisation was poor.lip synching,facial expressions were terrible,if you cant properly convey emotion the dont do it .it took me out of the game rather than bring me in,i didnt care for any of the characters,was i supposed to feel sad that
leggett was killed at the end after he went mad which looked totally stupid imo :dozey:

also talk about short,less than 10 hours and it would have been shorter if not for a very tough mission towards the end which i repeated about 15 times,i''l give mp a shot but definately a disappointment,shoulda got silent hunter instead ;(

I finished it today too. It looked good in the begining but after a while it was all the same mission after mission. The game runs like a bitch too. Its not a bad game but definitly not worth 9\10 or whatever..more like 6-7....

h00dlum said:
I finished it today too. It looked good in the begining but after a while it was all the same mission after mission. The game runs like a bitch too. Its not a bad game but definitly not worth 9\10 or whatever..more like 6-7....
agreed,i'd bring it back if GAME hadnt told me they wont accept pc game returns,i hope mp is good,if the mod scene pick it up i'd give it another go,its in need of a decent weapon skin/character skin pack and eax support

Fun game, very realistic... :D I wish it was faster though. 800x600 on a 9800 Pro and 3Ghz. And still not super-smooth!

jimbo118 said:
just finished it,last mission was good if ripped totally out of band of brothers,the whole game was overrated imo,scores of 9 are exaggerated,it came across rushed and unfinished,the whole characterisation was poor.lip synching,facial expressions were terrible,if you cant properly convey emotion the dont do it .it took me out of the game rather than bring me in,i didnt care for any of the characters,was i supposed to feel sad that
leggett was killed at the end after he went mad which looked totally stupid imo :dozey:

also talk about short,less than 10 hours and it would have been shorter if not for a very tough mission towards the end which i repeated about 15 times,i''l give mp a shot but definately a disappointment,shoulda got silent hunter instead ;(

You should get thief 3 that game is so underrated and now they just released an editor for it.

Zeus said:
You should get thief 3 that game is so underrated and now they just released an editor for it.
i have thief 3,why did you suggest it btw?

i've just started the game again and am enjoying it alot more particurly as i only have to ctrl my 3 man squad,i also have the unlimited ammo cheat now after completing the game which means unlimited grenades :sniper: ,i got a couple of tweaks too from ubis bia forum,1 of which is a gore tweak which enables dismemberment which is really cool,wasnt sure if it was workin until i threw a grenade into a mortar teams position and watched limbs go flying,their corpes were annihilated :eek:

If you wanna play this game, definitely get it for the Xbox. It runs so much better and the multiplayer is great on Xbox live.

this game is definately growing on me
using the tank is really alot of fun

Hmm, the game started to grow on me, but there's a certain situation I'm in now on the last level that has totally pissed me off. I have 2 tanks attacking these MG's which are made out of sandbags, and these f'king sandbags are part of the scenery, so they don't get destroyed by tank shells. The game's lagging out completely due to these two tanks and shitty port coding, and I stick my head over the bank to see if these MG posts have been taken out yet, as they're made out of sandbags and are being assaulted by fat tank shells - burst of MG fire, Sgt. Matt Baker is dead. Thanks to the usually appropriate checkpoint system I now have to lead these 2 tanks over hill and f'kin dale again.

**** that

/rant

jondyfun said:
Hmm, the game started to grow on me, but there's a certain situation I'm in now on the last level that has totally pissed me off. I have 2 tanks attacking these MG's which are made out of sandbags, and these f'king sandbags are part of the scenery, so they don't get destroyed by tank shells. The game's lagging out completely due to these two tanks and shitty port coding, and I stick my head over the bank to see if these MG posts have been taken out yet, as they're made out of sandbags and are being assaulted by fat tank shells - burst of MG fire, Sgt. Matt Baker is dead. Thanks to the usually appropriate checkpoint system I now have to lead these 2 tanks over hill and f'kin dale again.

**** that

/rant

Have you tried using the tanks as cover to move up your two squads to a better firing position? If not, I'd suggest doing it. Good luck my fellow brother in arms. :D

jimbo118 said:
i have thief 3,why did you suggest it btw?

i've just started the game again and am enjoying it alot more particurly as i only have to ctrl my 3 man squad,i also have the unlimited ammo cheat now after completing the game which means unlimited grenades :sniper: ,i got a couple of tweaks too from ubis bia forum,1 of which is a gore tweak which enables dismemberment which is really cool,wasnt sure if it was workin until i threw a grenade into a mortar teams position and watched limbs go flying,their corpes were annihilated :eek:

link to tweaks please?

game is great! - 9/10 = you whiners can goto hell! The gameplay is what makes it better than any other ww2 game. The feeling while taking out nazis on a hill near a sunset is what makes it great.

jondyfun said:

**** that

/rant
lol that happened to me too,the tank pathfinding is poor,if theres a enemy tank in front of them and you select attack,they will turn around and try to go aroud the hedgerow and attack from a different angle even when the bloody tank is infront of them :angry: ,i had to guide them the whole way and finally just sent the 1 that survived to kill the mg gunners while i sat behind a tree and lit 1 up :smoking:

satch919 said:
Have you tried using the tanks as cover to move up your two squads to a better firing position? If not, I'd suggest doing it. Good luck my fellow brother in arms. :D

Ooo no, some squad leader I am :O noice one buddy :D

jondyfun said:
Ooo no, some squad leader I am :O noice one buddy :D
you dont have a squad on the last part of the last mission though :hmph: you just have the tanks

jimbo118 said:
you dont have a squad on the last part of the last mission though :hmph: you just have the tanks

Yeah, but Baker is often referred to as 'squad leader'; he says it himself. 'I never asked to be squad leader'.

What are you implying? :O btw, loved the shot at the end with the troops rushing off through the houses, and the camera rose so you could see the whole town ;)

jondyfun said:
Yeah, but Baker is often referred to as 'squad leader'; he says it himself. 'I never asked to be squad leader'.

What are you implying? :O btw, loved the shot at the end with the troops rushing off through the houses, and the camera rose so you could see the whole town ;)
*SIGH* im talkin about the last mission where you haveto get the tanks,someone gave you advice on it saying to use your squads and you said thx but you dont have your squads at that part,THATS WHAT I MEANT ;)

jimbo118 said:
*SIGH* im talkin about the last mission where you haveto get the tanks,someone gave you advice on it saying to use your squads and you said thx but you dont have your squads at that part,THATS WHAT I MEANT ;)

Hee, ok, no worries. It was a cool point anyway as I'd forgotten about using tanks for cover myself :D

has anybody here ever heard of the goddamned spoiler tags? please use them, so you don;t ruin it for the rest of us who have yet to play the game

Icarusintel said:
has anybody here ever heard of the goddamned spoiler tags? please use them, so you don;t ruin it for the rest of us who have yet to play the game
what was spoiled?

OMG you hav 2 tanks at teh end and no squad RUINZ0RED

*coughs*

jondyfun said:
OMG you hav 2 tanks at teh end and no squad RUINZ0RED

*coughs*
hardly a spoiler,its not like telling someone you play as raiden in mgs2 before they got it,anyway you spoiled that for him :O

im really thinking about returning it.............. :dozey:
it was a choice between this peice of shit game(at the time i thought it was gonna be great) or SP:CT( which comes out at the end of the month)
SC:CT looks amazing!!! already played the demo and i loved it.

I should have waited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame: :sniper: :dozey: :(

jimbo118 said:
hardly a spoiler,its not like telling someone you play as raiden in mgs2 before they got it,anyway you spoiled that for him :O
ugh man, do you have to?! !!! :hmph:

i haven't got mgs2 yet ;(

:stare: Anyway, use spoiler tags tbh. :)

oldagerocker said:
ugh man, do you have to?! !!! :hmph:

i haven't got mgs2 yet ;(

:stare: Anyway, use spoiler tags tbh. :)
lol your kidding right?everyone knew that by now :D

So at the end are they hinting to us a sequel or expansion pack? Hey its ubisoft they can keep crapping out these games like splinter cell. Personally i want more, urban combat in french cities, too much farmhouse fighting.

wow....I bought this game just in time for my dvd drive to stop reading dvd's.....now i have to download the game even though I payed for it. Ferk.

Bleeder said:
wow....I bought this game just in time for my dvd drive to stop reading dvd's.....now i have to download the game even though I payed for it. Ferk.

Hold on a second before you go out a buy a new DVD drive. The DVD version of the game does have some issues with certain drives. Sad but true.

satch919 said:
Hold on a second before you go out a buy a new DVD drive. The DVD version of the game does have some issues with certain drives. Sad but true.

nah.....it's not playing my movies either. :(

jimbo118 said:
just finished it,last mission was good if ripped totally out of band of brothers

Hill 30 is an area outside of Carentan where the Germans mounted their counterattack in hopes of recapturing the town from Allied control. Band of Brothers followed the Easy Company of the 506 PIR, they fought at Hill 30 on June 15th, Brothers in Arms follows Fox 502, they fought there 2 days earlier on June 13th.

It just so happens both battles were epic, and both were displayed because of it. Its not so much of a ripping thing as it was a depiction of similar events.

Colin said:
Hill 30 is an area outside of Carentan where the Germans mounted their counterattack in hopes of recapturing the town from Allied control. Band of Brothers followed the Easy Company of the 506 PIR, they fought at Hill 30 on June 15th, Brothers in Arms follows Fox 502, they fought there 2 days earlier on June 13th.

It just so happens both battles were epic, and both were displayed because of it. Its not so much of a ripping thing as it was a depiction of similar events.
thats nice

Is this game good ? since people say it feels like it was played on a console. But the gfx is awsome and it looks good but dunno if i can buy it :(

Garfield_ said:
Is this game good ? since people say it feels like it was played on a console. But the gfx is awsome and it looks good but dunno if i can buy it :(
Let's get one thing straight - the graphics are far from awesome. The gameplay somewhat makes up for that, though. Somewhat.

Axyon said:
Let's get one thing straight - the graphics are far from awesome. The gameplay somewhat makes up for that, though. Somewhat.
i'd give it a miss too,havent picked it up since i completed it,mp isnt very good either

Once i saw the videos and stuff i thought i had seen the demo on fileplanet and not cared about it, now i want ti and i realize it was never there, damn subconcious, if i see "Band of Brothers movie" on the front page for long enough i assume there's a demo

Well, I finally finished this one.

I don't know what everyone is bitching about, I thought it was good fun.

Back