Bug found in cs:s...

ZeroG

Reaction score
I'll let the screenshot do the talking...

csitaly00153hm.jpg

So your blaming a graphical client side glitch most likely caused by a driver on cs:s ? Good stuff

Well, no, actually.

How would the letters VIP get in there as a glitch? There must be something in the game with code to have that in there....

Ohh ok, thought you were talking about the shadowy area at the bottom of the pic, my bad.

No. its the uni of teeside server which I am an admin of. Never seen this before. The server has no mods other than the mani admin plugin...:eek:

if it doesn't happen again, or at least once again in a few days it's probably one of those bugs which is once-off thing.

X-FacToR said:
Ohh ok, thought you were talking about the shadowy area at the bottom of the pic, my bad.
Me Too. Took me ages to spot the 'VIP' thing.
A storm is coming... :p

Rofl, took me 5 minutes to figure what the hell you was on about :)

I hope they don't include VIP maps.

lol as if the VIP was small... didnt take me more than 5 mins to spot that.
DiSTuRbEd said:
There is a report bug feature in CS:S for a reason...
lol owned.

Wait. Does this bug makes your screenshots really huge? Because it's like twice the size of my screen.

But hey if you got a VIP in there you might want to get him to that chopper. Dunno what else to tell ya.

:S dunno, just confused me wanted more opinions.

Oh and the screenshot is big....coz my screen is big (1680 x 1050 i think)

ZeroG said:
:S dunno, just confused me wanted more opinions.

Oh and the screenshot is big....coz my screen is big (1680 x 1050 i think)
I doubt your screen is much bigger than mine, but your resolution is way up there.

cool.. yesturday i had a bug where like every one was dead on the CTs and the round wasnt over... it was weird.. the admin had to slay everyone..

RANDOM_HERO said:
cool.. yesturday i had a bug where like every one was dead on the CTs and the round wasnt over... it was weird.. the admin had to slay everyone..
Same thing happened on a server I was on when the admin switched someone to spectator right before the admin got killed as the last on the team, and we were running round 'till the guy in spec came back.

I've seen this before, I THINK when that happens it's a Valve or Valve-associate playtesting for glitches.

ello, ello, patches, it's spunkymonkeySK, fancy seeing you here dude.

Not seen the VIP thing before (incidentally I had to scroll around the pic like mad to see the whole thing :p it's 1680x1050 btw), but it might have something to do with the fact that valve added the some support functionality to either add the VIP mod to the 3rd party games, or maybe to CS itself, can't remember which.

If my mind weren't like swiss cheese I might be more help, but thats my thoughts on the glitch anyway.

[EDIT] - my brain may be nerfed but thank god for the internet eh! This may explain it....http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&archive=yes&id=487

* Exposed VIP player index to plugins/mods

I'd say that's the culprit there :)

My guess on this would be the fact that VIP showed up on screen would say that there is coding for the VIP game already with us. So we might get the VIP game in the next update or two, that would be cool.

well the coding for VIP mod is already with us since there is an unofficial mod that adds it, this is valves way off sorting some of their probs i would expect. Either that or making way for them to add it officially in to cs:s.

in fact bugger it I'll search again-

http://csnation.net/viewnews.php/8133/

there you go it's to aid the VIP mod in their endeavours, have a look at it, it ain't out yet but it's certainly on it's way.

On a side note it's using something called the vapour delivery system (hehe I know, i laughed at the irony of calling a content delivery system...vapour, ho ho ho :p honestly I had to look into it cos i thought they were taking the piss and meant steam!).
Not sure whether or not I'll be using the vapour thing, considering how steam used to affect latency when it first reared it's head, it might still do but it's that long since I played WON, that I just accept it as the norm. But I'd hate to stick an another bandwidth chomper on my system if i can avoid it (I'm willing to trust valve, but not sure about something unknown whos creators can't even think of a unique name!)

Back