Buying Computers Online Resource List

What site is the best to buy from in the UK? What about Canada? or any other of the countries.
I'll put 'Highly Recommended' next to it.

added www.jab-tech.com
Newegg did not have the exact vga cooler and thermal products I was looking for but they did. Looking at similar newegg items, jab-tech was a little cheaper as well.

As far as delivery goes, prices can vary. Comparing Misco and Savastore shows that for Savastore delivery is a few pence cheaper but Misco can get it to you quickly if you're desperate for next day or weekend delivery.

Delivery
Savastore (for purchases worth £30+) £4.64 < 0.5kg < £5.46 < 10kg < +33p per additional kg 3 day (+£0.99 for 2 day)
Misco £4.41 < 1kg < £5.88 3 day
Komplett £6.75 3-4 days
Overclock £6.95 1-2 days
Overclockers £8.25 Next day

I'm just about to order quite a few products from Savastore (who I've never used before), so I'll let you know how they work for service, reliability, etc. once I've got the products up and working.

Hmm. Pending what they have to say for themselves tomorrow, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Savastore suck.

I've made two recent orders with them, and both times there were problems. The first one wasn't actually their fault, it was DHL's, but getting in contact with their customer service team was impossible. The second time I ordered a CPU, HD and some RAM, and giving no reason whatsoever they sent me the following BS email:

Sales Order Cancellation Advice
===============================

Order Reference: =XXXXXXXX=

Dear MR =XXXXX XXXXXXX=

With regards to the above order placed on 04/11/2006
the following item(s) have been cancelled from the order.

Item Description
---- -----------------------------------------
10279873 XMS 1GB XMS3200 2-3-3-6 2x184 Pin DIMM Platinum

Since, we are unable to supply the above, we have cancelled the line(s)
from your order. You will not be charged for these item(s).

Thank you for your custom and your patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely
savastore.com Customer Care
[Edit] Actually I got another email about this, saying that the item was priced incorrectly and that they couldn't supply it at the agreed price because the buying price had now increased, so they had to remove it from my order.

So, the extra money I paid to have this all shipped next day is wasted because I'm still gonna be waiting on the parts they cancelled, and if I want to make a new order for some new RAM I'll have to pay for another round of delivery costs for a shipper who has a track record of screwing up my previous delivery. Oh, and all of that and they don't deliver to addresses other than the cardholder's, so I had to carefully time my order to make sure it would arrive on a day when someone was gonna be at home, planning which is fubared now because I'm not gonna receive my complete order. Tshh.

---

On the other hand we have Overclockers who I ordered some other parts from and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. True, they only offer next day delivery, but for £8.25 I had a hassle-free, speedy delivery to my work address and the box was appropriately packaged.

I'm eager to see what Savastore have to say for themselves.

a quick question...im getting a laptop tomorrow and it has this graphics card:

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M

will that be sufficient to run the orange box?

processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile TL-58 1.9GHZ
RAM: 2048MB DDR2
video memory: 559MB

You should be fine for frame rate with reasonable settings. It supports SM3.0 and all that (HDR).

Is there any store in the USA with proper prices that offers international shipping? Cause compared to the prices in my country, hardware in the USA is cheaper, especially with the dollar weak as it is.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/
It's similar to Jab Tech. They've got good prices on cooling products etc. Good customer service and very reliable.

http://www.woot.com

Woot is an online retailer who offers one deal one day. Usually heavily discounted electronic/technologic gadgets, sometimes refurbished. There's a new item up for sale every night, midnight Central Standard Time (USA), and it is for sale until it either sells out, or until midnight Central Time when a new item is put up. Every month or two they have an online selling "blitz" called a "WOOT OFF!" in which they put one item up for sale until it sells out, then they put another item up. This usually lasts a day or two, and there can be some quite amazing deals. Don't forget to check out its sister sites to the lower right.

http://www.bing.com/cashback

Bing cashback is a great way for you to save money when you shop online. Find great deals on millions of products from hundreds of brand name stores that you know and trust. You'll earn a percentage of the product price as cashback. The search advertising fees from participating stores are passed on to you. After we wait for potential returns and exchanges, your savings will be rewarded to you by your choice of a deposit to your PayPal account, direct deposit to your bank account, or a check in the mail. It's that simple.

Just create a cashback account and link it to your Windows Live ID.
Use bing to search for a deal, click on the desired link, provide them with a valid email when the pop up comes up then purchase whatever you have chosen. Different sites offer different cash back percentages. Some offer only 2% percent back like Newegg while other retailers such as Tigerdirect.com offer up to 15% during promotions. Usually on Holiday's. Search bing for "Motherboard", tou'll see a sponsored link up top advertising the 15%. Then you have other, non hardware retailers that will refund you over 30% of your money back. The money will be deposited to your cashback account after 60 days of purchasing your product.

Back