Cannot connect to Counterstrike Source

r_rr

Reaction score
Server refresh list shows up, but as soon as I try to join a server it says, server is not responding. I try to refresh and all servers are gone. I exit the game and cannot connect to internet for a few seconds. Windows will say: A network cable has been unplugged. After a few seconds everything is back to normal until i try to join a server again.

This only happens somedays, other days I can connect fine. Could having other family members on my LAN using the internet have anything to do with it. I've tried everything I can and can't seem to figure this out.

Are you connected wirelessly? Interference from other appliances in the house could be responsible for the major drop off's and disconnections.

The LAN shouldn't cause the problems you are getting. If someone else is downloading and using a lot of bandwidth it would be possible to get a high ping while gaming but they would need to almost max out your connection to cause this.

Possible firewall issues on the network? Ports being used by another program?

I used to get this with my router. The only explanation I found was a setting called "NAT Filtering" which is to do with a secured computer-computer firewall, but on my Netgear WPN824 it specifically says it can stop some online games working because it treats the sudden influx of packets as a DDOS attack. If you have a similar router to me i should come under WAN Setup. It should be on Secured if you're having problems, so set it to open.

Back