"cannot find bone in bbox"

WAR_Nuker

Reaction score
ok i dragged my qc on top of studiomdl and it gave me an error similar to this

error: cannot find bone (bone name) for bbox
aborted processing model

b box means bounding box i think....and how would i fix this?

Did you give all your bones the name that matches in the .QC? Also bbox could be your collision, did you assign the verticie weights to your collision model?

yeah the naming shouldnt be the problem. it worked before i edited the original smd. i did not assign any weights to the collision model (i dont think). im not entirely sure what the collision model is that you are reffering to, actually. heres what i did. took an existing mdl and decompiled it to 3 smds and qc and tva. i edited the physical appearance of the model in one of the smds and then assigned the envelopes to their verticies. i didnt do anything else really. how would one assign these weights to this collision model?

WOO finally figured out the damn thing. it works the way it is supposed to in game and everything....too bad i did a crappy job. at least i know i can get it to work now. the problem was....that particular bone wasnt assigned to any verticies. guess i overlooked it. now i think ill learn how to do that uvw thing, cause my failure to do that is really visible in game.....thanks for the help.

please help

WOO finally figured out the damn thing. it works the way it is supposed to in game and everything....too bad i did a crappy job. at least i know i can get it to work now. the problem was....that particular bone wasnt assigned to any verticies. guess i overlooked it. now i think ill learn how to do that uvw thing, cause my failure to do that is really visible in game.....thanks for the help.

i got the same problem but i dont know how to assign vertices to the bone please help

Attachments

• Help.png
    Help.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,167
Back