Can't skin barrel on csgo P250

wokcz

Sandvich
Reaction score
I am trying to create a cs:go weapon skin (custom paint job) for the P250, but no matter what I try, the right side of the barrel always remains black. To show the issue, I extracted the weapon texture from the game files, and just painted it all red, when I load that into the workbench this is how it looks:

aaDLslU.jpg

Any advice?

The UV's are likely to be bugged. You would need to open the geometry in a modeling package and check it out.

Just looked at it in modo - looks like a lot of shitty UVing going on but if you have filled the entire space with red it should still come up red.

If creating the skins is anything like changing the textures, I would suggest starting over by downloading someone else's vpk, and start by working over there skins, I mean, if it worked for them, surely it should work for you. I hope the best for you man.

Digressing:

That process i mentioned was how I created my revolver mod. At the time, Arby26 only had the revolver mod for deagle in l4d2 out in black, and come on, who wants a black revolver when you can have a chrome one. So I copied out the texture from a vpk editor, pasted them in photoshop and then worked on them and put it back in the vpk. It was awesome, Then I decided to offer to everyone, and it got complete approval by everyone, even surpassing arby's black revolver. I managed to get 3,000 subscribers on my workshop, 110 favorites, 10,000 "unique visitors" But then Big Bad wolf Steam came into my happy neck of the woods, and "banned" it because "it violates their terms of service" .....It's a revolver mod how is that against terms of service? If it was a author credit thing, From day one of uploading, I made completely clear in the description that "arby26 was the maker of the models and the original textures, and all i did was upgrades some textures" but steam doesn't f****** care. sigh. at least My other mods, are still up there. I am quite proud of my True Religion Zoey mod. -even if it doesn't attract as nearly many people as my revolver did. sigh

Back