Changed from 4:3 mode to 16:9 and now I cant see the game! Help!

D

Dizzy

I was probably halfway thru the SP game and mid level I paused it to adjust a setting and then decided to try 16x9 video mode to see what that was like. When I did... my monitor light kept blinking and it only showed a black screen. I rebooted the game to no avail, same problem, it loads and I hear the sound but the screen is black.

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled (this suks cuz it takes forever) and STILL it doesnt work!!! I get the black screen on load.

What do I do to fix this? I cant even play HL2 now at all... ;(

Diz

you can probobly change it in the .cfg s, not too sure though.

I'd say back up the "save" folder, and delete the rest of your steamapps\account\half-life 2 filder, then restore the save folder.

EDIT:nm, i think you just have to add "-w 800 -h 600" to the end of the shortcut, then set it to whatever you want in-game and then take it off the shortcut :p

go to game properties and go where you would put -console put something like -window i don't remember exactly but i did something like that.

If you still want to try the game in 16x9 widescreen mode, click the "run in a window" box then change the resolution to widescreen.

HL2 looks sooooo much cooler this way, btw.

Yeah it's really awesome in widescreen mode. I played through alot of HL2 that way, but it get's tiring when the native resolution on LCD is 1280 and you're running it in a window.
Widescreen is only available in 800 and 1280(and most likely higher with better monitors) so it doesn't give much versatility in that way.

Go to Steam/SteamApps/username/half-life 2/hl2/cfg and delete config.cfg. Might work.

Computer5k said:
I think you just have to add "-w 800 -h 600" to the end of the shortcut, then set it to whatever you want in-game and then take it off the shortcut :p

!!! TY!

It worked! Now I can play around with it and see if I can get 16:9 to work...

Back