Changes from l4d to l4d2?

Darkedge34

Reaction score
I really want to like L4D2, but I honestly don't see any worthwhile changes. MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN ENLIGHTEN ME.

All I've seen so far is some melee weapons and a couple other new ones which don't really make a difference (why would you need a silenced SMG for fighting zombies?)

I really don't see how just a couple new models justify full retail price.

Agreed with VanHalen, but just for arguments sake, I'll tell you a few off hand.
First of all, as you said, new models, weapons, infected, and such. There's also the new witch type (Roaming Witch) who, basically, roams... Another change is the moving crescendo events that they're implementing. Basically, instead of camping in a corner melee-ing to hell, you have to be on the move or you'll die.

I can't figure out why people are so afraid of full retail price, the only thing you see everywhere is people yapping on and on and on about like 40$..... can't you just spend 40$ on something that is awesome? I mean...40$...thats what I spend on pizza in an average month...or cigarettes...come oooon! Save 10$ a month til november and there ya go! It's not much money ffs :|
/rant off :D

Agreed with VanHalen, but just for arguments sake, I'll tell you a few off hand.
First of all, as you said, new models, weapons, infected, and such. There's also the new witch type (Roaming Witch) who, basically, roams... Another change is the moving crescendo events that they're implementing. Basically, instead of camping in a corner melee-ing to hell, you have to be on the move or you'll die.

So, it's still just mindlessly shooting zombies with no lasting value?

You should go join the super-excellent group that is dedicated to people not caring about L4D2 so much that they made a group for themselves. If you didn't like L4D, chances are you won't like L4D2.

Other than that, L4D2 looks like it will add new game modes, new enemies which will change up the playstyle a bit more, and a few new weapons that won't change that much, but will probably be fun.

For some strange reason, killing (Or mindlessly shooting as you put it) zombies has always been a guaranteed source of entertainment to majority of the gamers. Mostly because it's epic and cool as hell.

You really expect l4d2 to be dramatically different from l4d? You know it's a sequel right? Sequels usually are... similar to their predecessors.

At the end of the day if you aren't hyped for it, don't buy it. If you can afford to buy it, go for it and have fun with it. The fact that the campaigns, characters, infected and weapons are new will refresh players' interest in the Left4Dead franchise for a bit longer, which is better than leaving L4D 1 to die off.

I really want to like L4D2, but I honestly don't see any worthwhile changes. MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN ENLIGHTEN ME.

All I've seen so far is some melee weapons and a couple other new ones which don't really make a difference (why would you need a silenced SMG for fighting zombies?)

I really don't see how just a couple new models justify full retail price.

I think the biggest change is the business man is white now, and has a blue tie or something.

You know the changes from L4D to L4D2. If not just google them. You don't need to ask easily answered questions on a forum if you're just going to dismiss the answers and continue to argue your (flawed) point without taking the facts into consideration. Just because you don't like how Valve is running their business doesn't mean you're right and everyone else is wrong.
Edit:
If you need some sort of logical reason why L4D should be allowed to have a sequel, consider what every other FPS sequel has:
-New levels
-New story
-New enemies
-New characters
-New weapons
-Gameplay improvements
-New gameplay mechanics
-Basically the same game as before with enough stuff added for it to be a new game.
L4D2 will have all of these.

As you have made abundantly clear in your many posts on the subject, you did not enjoy Left 4 Dead, but alot of us did enjoy the game, and put alot of hours into it and got alot of fun out of it.

If someone doesn't like Call of Duty, then chances are they wont buy a new Call of Duty game, the same as if someone doesn't like playing World of Warcraft, they aren't gonna buy the next expansion and go on subscribing. Its all a matter of taste, everyone likes different things, no one is forcing you to invest any more time or money into a franchise that you simply don't enjoy, but you have to accept that alot of people do enjoy it, and are very happy to obtain more of it.

As for a complete list of announced things in L4D2, I will have a go:

1. 4 New characters with new back story and voices.
2. 5 New cooperative campaigns, which connect better to form a more coherent story.
3. Full Versus and Survival support for all 5 campaigns.
4. Fourth unannounced gamemode.
5. New items including explosive and incendiary ammo, plus adrenaline injections.
6. A collection of new melee weapons including: Baseball Bat, Cricket Bat, Katana, Frying Pan, Fire Axe and a Chainsaw.
7. A hand-held grenade launcher.
8. Multiple versions of existing weapons, eg. more than one Assault Rifle, more than one Pistol etc.
9. At least 3 new playable special infected including The Charger and The Spitter designed to counter closet camping etc.
10. "Uncommon Common" campaign specific zombies with special abilities such as resistance to fire, resistance to bullets, or obstructing your vision.
11. New finale "Gauntlet" mechanic, instead of defending a single spot, you must fight your way across an onslaught of enemies.
12. New Director Features: control over weather conditions, fog, and the ability to lock/unlock different routes through the map, aswell as move obstacles and other objects.

But like I said, if you just dont GET whats fun about L4D in the first place, then of course you wont be interested in a sequal.

As you have made abundantly clear in your many posts on the subject, you did not enjoy Left 4 Dead, but alot of us did enjoy the game, and put alot of hours into it and got alot of fun out of it.

If someone doesn't like Call of Duty, then chances are they wont buy a new Call of Duty game, the same as if someone doesn't like playing World of Warcraft, they aren't gonna buy the next expansion and go on subscribing. Its all a matter of taste, everyone likes different things, no one is forcing you to invest any more time or money into a franchise that you simply don't enjoy, but you have to accept that alot of people do enjoy it, and are very happy to obtain more of it.

As for a complete list of announced things in L4D2, I will have a go:

1. 4 New characters with new back story and voices.
2. 5 New cooperative campaigns, which connect better to form a more coherent story.
3. Full Versus and Survival support for all 5 campaigns.
4. Fourth unannounced gamemode.
5. New items including explosive and incendiary ammo, plus adrenaline injections.
6. A collection of new melee weapons including: Baseball Bat, Cricket Bat, Katana, Frying Pan, Fire Axe and a Chainsaw.
7. A hand-held grenade launcher.
8. Multiple versions of existing weapons, eg. more than one Assault Rifle, more than one Pistol etc.
9. At least 3 new playable special infected including The Charger and The Spitter designed to counter closet camping etc.
10. "Uncommon Common" campaign specific zombies with special abilities such as resistance to fire, resistance to bullets, or obstructing your vision.
11. New finale "Gauntlet" mechanic, instead of defending a single spot, you must fight your way across an onslaught of enemies.
12. New Director Features: control over weather conditions, fog, and the ability to lock/unlock different routes through the map, aswell as move obstacles and other objects.

But like I said, if you just dont GET whats fun about L4D in the first place, then of course you wont be interested in a sequal.

L4D2 honestly just looks like a killing floor rip off, and do we really need that many melee weapons?

The only thing I want back is Louis. :( I'm going to miss that Black Stallion.

"OH NO!" screams Louis when a bad event happens. Well, all I hear is him screaming that now since he's not in L4D2. :(

I love you, Louis. I'll never forget you.

Oh no, indeed, sir.. Oh no, indeed..

:(

I sorta agree with Darkedge, it does look like DLC.

I guess time will tell

(why would you need a silenced SMG for fighting zombies?)

Remember when that red car got hit by gunfire? Then your teammates complained because you did it on purpose shortly before drowning in a sea of irritated undead marathon runners? Did you think the lights attracted them? No, it was the shrill beeping. Zombies have ears too.

AK-47 + zombie game, what more could you really want? If that is not enough, then add the grenade launcher.

The thing to keep in mind, Valve did not develop l4d, Turtle Rock Studios did - they are the same ones that developed counter-strike. After valve saw what turtle rock did with l4d, instead of buying the rights to the game, valve just bought the whole company and absorbed them.

l4d1 - is a turtle rock production.

l4d2 - is a turtle rock and valve production.

Its going to be really interesting to see what the final product is going to be. l4d2 looks like it going to be one of the best zombie games ever made.

The thing to keep in mind, Valve did not develop l4d, Turtle Rock Studios did - they are the same ones that developed counter-strike. After valve saw what turtle rock did with l4d, instead of buying the rights to the game, valve just bought the whole company and absorbed them.

l4d1 - is a turtle rock production.

l4d2 - is a turtle rock and valve production.
Bingo.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who actually realize this. In some ways, though, I feel as if Valve may be "cutting of their nose to spite their face." It almost seems like "L4D2" is the game Valve wanted, and instead of work full-out on adding it all to "L4D", they just, well, cut their nose off, so to speak.

Back