Chell's age in relation to the Portal storyline

Also, I doubt that an 11-year-old girl would spell observations as "odservations."
She might have dyslexia. :I

I think that these questions & their answers/possible answers ( ? ) would help us establish her real age - How long does it take for a facility like Aperture to become overgrown ? ...20 ? 50 ? 100 ? We have no idea, but we know it takes about 20 to 50 years for a place to be covered in plants of all sorts, if not longer. Another thing that can help us are... skeletons ? They were mentioned multiple times during P2, but I'm still not sure if they were a joke... Anyway, how long does it take for our bodies to ... well... you know what, to do ? Kinda gory thing to think about, but to answer that question; it takes from about 5 to 10 years in a "normal" environment ( please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know if I can trust the source of that info, I've been reading some stuff about being a hardcore criminologist lately) , but it can actually take longer in AS, because of its.. specifications. I wonder why there are no bugs... no flies, no cockroaches, spiders and webs... huh, maybe it was just a joke. I dunno. Anyway, what do I think about Chell's age ? I guess she's probably around 8 to 12 years old during BYDTWD, and 19 or even over 20 in P1.

Here's some info about earlier mentioned topics you covered, from P2's Collector's guide, it obviously doesn't contain that much stuff we would like to see, but still ;

2000- ????
"The GLaDOS AI is activated for the first time as one of the planned activ-ities on Aperture's first annual BYDTWD (..., in the meantime she releases neurotoxins & the survivors are trying to fix her ) With the Morality core in place, GLaDOS turns her attention back to facility and begins testing. Days later, the Black Mesa Incident occurs which leads to the Combine taking over the world, and all survivors within Aperture Science are forgotten."

( so yeah, wikia was right :D )

The Story of P2 ;
Starting Out -
"(... ) Next Chell is awakened again within the Extended Relaxation Center (...) The room is in a severe state of decay and disrepair indicating quite a bit of time has passed.The announcer launches into his regular dialogue announcing how long Chell has been in stasis, but the amount of time is so great, that the counter has been maxed out and an intelligible amount of time can not be ascertained"

( Or it can be a malfunction, who knows ? )

Last edited:
Back