Co-op in hl2?

EVIL

Tank
Reaction score
Do you guys think HL2 will feature co-op. I really hope so.. it would be great!

nope...

it will be too difficult to implement properly with the dynamic land scape...read: you will probably encounter passage ways etc. that get's blocked of like you did in HL1.

which means that with 2 or more people exploring the levels you would risk one getting stuck at some place at some point...

I don't wanna sound rude but who are you to disqualify the idea?
we've seen it happen on Decay so why the hell won't it happen with this over the top revolutinary game engine?

Originally posted by righte0us
I don't wanna sound rude but who are you to disqualify the idea?
we've seen it happen on Decay so why the hell won't it happen with this over the top revolutinary game engine?

I didn't disqualifie anything...learn to read! just gave my thoughts on it...

and I already answered why I think it wouldn't happen...

No I don't think Valve will implement something like that. But some Modders will probably do it.

I agree with Mullinator, take Sven Co-Op for example.

Absolutely - you could play ping-pong with a corpse and two gravity guns. :)

Originally posted by -Biohazard
well didnt the HL version of the console games have a kind of co-op?

Yep, it was Half-Life: Decay on the ps2 port of HL. And very fun it was to. Me and my mate had many a sleepless night playing thought that ;)

The best bit was, it really was Co-op. You couldn't do it with just one person.

Co Op on HL2 would kick ass, but it probably wont happen w/o a mod

Hmm... I wonder why no games has coop these days. It totally rocks! Especially on LAN. Me and my friends are always looking for coop games when we have LANs, because there is no competitiveness, which is good, because we want to stay friends.
:)
Too bad svencoops singleplayer in HL1 was so weak ;( . That could have really owned, but everytime someone went back to a loading spot, everyone was teleported to the beginning of the previous area, man was that irritating.

Halo though, what a great game, only 2p though :bonce:

there would be good and bad.....the only thing i would like in the cop-op worlds is if you and a buddy could get set up on a lan and complete the singleplayer together where the levels would be slightly edited in some parts to accomidate 2 people. that would be a lot of work and if i really did happen it wouldnt be a feature released with the game.

Though the possibility is slim, Valve continues to state that they have some surprises up their sleeves... so I guess we should be happy no matter the outcome. Hell I'd be happy if they released it in it's current state, so anything else just seems like a bonus!

Originally posted by FireBall

Too bad svencoops singleplayer in HL1 was so weak ;( . That could have really owned, but everytime someone went back to a loading spot, everyone was teleported to the beginning of the previous area, man was that irritating.

That was already fixed, and new maps are coming every day or so, it really is a great mod now, you should check it out again.
Also, version 2.5 is coming soon with new monsters and weapons!

i think they can make a co-op cuz ine PS2 they made HL have co-op so why cant they do it on this new engine if its so good i think they can

good point i think that it would be cool but i dont think it would be included but easy for a modder to make. ps2 is known for lan games more than it was for online play at time of release.

Or peaple that just dont like playing with peaple that suck and will get them both killed...:bounce:

Are there any Half-life co op mod.. Soo U can play ALL the SP levels COOP ???

I dont think that you can mod the engine to that level but it would have been awesome...but there were a co-op mode in hl to ps2 so it may be a mod some where on the internet....

:bounce:

Back