cost?

Admiral Kill

Reaction score
does any one here have any idea how much DOD:Source will cost if you did not buy the silver or gold package from valve?

Also seeing how Valve no longer has a publisher will DOD:Source even be released retail?

Geronimous said:
Sigh.

Upgrade to silver whch will cost you 10 bucks.

You can't upgrade a steam purchase, unless you had an ATi coupon, which then it would be a $10 upgrade. Other than that you can't upgrade.

Admiral Kill said:
Also seeing how Valve no longer has a publisher will DOD:Source even be released retail?

VALVe still has a publisher till end of August, but I doubt VU will publish it, if anything Activision will since they probably own some copyrights to DoD.

VALVe still has a publisher till end of August, but I doubt VU will publish it, if anything Activision will since they probably own some copyrights to DoD.

thanks

im nearlly positive Activision had the rights to the publishing of DOD: S

-WorldSpawn- said:
Better not be that much!
Hehe well most new games are alot of money, especially when they first come out. I wanted a PS2 game that just came out and it was like 50 bucks.

DoD:s Cost

I do believe that the game will go retail, but not for 4-6 months after it comes out on steam, at least that was the rumor at E3. The price will more likely be 49.99-59.99. So enjoy....:cheers:

Master_Spring said:
I do believe that the game will go retail, but not for 4-6 months after it comes out on steam, at least that was the rumor at E3. The price will more likely be 49.99-59.99. So enjoy....:cheers:

i've heard that the price is going to be max $ 20, there is no single player so, it wouldn't be so expancive

40-50 Dolllars...

It better be very good for that much money. Considering as "iyfyoufhl" just said, it has no single player, and it wasnt exactly planned to have new models either....

Why would the DOD dev's charge so much? Considering the CS community got cs for free, and I would assume DOD wants a large community. Upping the price is only going to hurt the ammount of players. Especiially if it is not worth the money.

I better see some awesome things for that much. But for 20 bucks, im happy with DOD upgraded to HL2 engine with new models etc..like CSS.

I at first wasnt going to buy DoD Source as I thought it was going to be like crappy HL1 source. But when I heard its getting a total overhaul, I decided that I need it. I dont think it will cost THAT much. I'd say around as much as an expanion costs.

DarkDamo said:
im nearlly positive Activision had the rights to the publishing of DOD: S
You're right, they have published DoD retail in the past too :)

$20 should be the max price for a graphical / physical remake of a game.

xlucidx said:
$20 should be the max price for a graphical / physical remake of a game.

That sounds about right, sure wish I had a option to pre-order dod:s

You would think that they would release cost and requirements by now if it was schedualed for a mid-late summer release. I smell delay.

You would think that they would release cost and requirements by now if it was schedualed for a mid-late summer release. I smell delay.

Totally agree, something I didnt think about yet, but had suspicions, ussually 2 months before release there are dozens of screens/movies...

I dont see any...nor do i see ANY information.

Delayed...

My guess, November release

I don't remember any release date, just speculation of the time it might be done, that was of course with the original DoD models, since then they have probably redone all of those and made more maps. I don't see how you can call it a delay when it had no official release date.

Your right, they didnt give an exact release date...

I cant give you a written source, but i saw in many interviews developers saying they suggest a mid summer release date..

So instead of a delay, we can call their predicted release in mid-summer to be delayed, but not an official delay..we will just have to wait for that when it comes. I mean this is valve...and thats just given that there are delays...

Back