Could we see DLC that goes beyond Portals?

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
I was reading an article in the News tab for Portal 2 (under Kotaku, 21st April) which mentions a gameplay mechanic and a story that, were in development but never made it into the game. The gameplay mechanic was called F-stop and was supposed to supplement a story that was set in the 50's; in essence a prequel to Portal.

But given that Valve tends to build a laundry list of things they wish to accomplish, is it possible that we will eventually see this gameplay utilized in a future DLC for Portal 2 or another game?

So what does the F-stop sound to you? Its very hard to judge what mechanic it would of been (given that I have seen online definitions to f-stop), but if I had to hazard a guess, I would say stretching, compressing time, something that a well known character in HL is known for.

I don't think we'd see it as DLC, but given that they're so worked up about it, we'll probably see it in some permutation in some form in a future valve title.

Would be interesting if it was to do with the 'trace amount of time travel' in the old aperture labs

Back