Count down in Halflife2.net

Urbanleg

Reaction score
Well since were very close to the release..

Why not implementing a countdown inside the fourms or inisde the site? is it possible at all?

If not:

Are there any countdowns links?

I'm not sure why people can't just look at the time/date and work it out themselves but sure, I'll put one on the site :)

Originally posted by Munro
I'm not sure why people can't just look at the time/date and work it out themselves but sure, I'll put one on the site :)

sadly i never learned how to tell what time it is...:eek:

Originally posted by Munro

What i was thinking is a built in countdown (not fancy even) that sits above all and counting even when i post a new message or edit my stuff.. is it possible munro?

That's a neat idea. I'd like to see a counter ticking away at the top of every page.

Originally posted by FictiousWill
That's a neat idea. I'd like to see a counter ticking away at the top of every page.
Munro is it possible or you will have to make a link to a count down?

22 DAYS 22 DAYS!!%!!! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

/me runs around in circles like crazy

Going to be delayed

HalfLife 2 will not make the sep 30th release date. All the big retailers have the same release date 11/19/03. This isnt a last min decision valve can make to release the game it has to be planned and MAJOR retailers like EB and Babbages get information b4 anyone. So if you think HL2 is coming out on sep 30 guess again

Re: Going to be delayed

Originally posted by paolob
HalfLife 2 will not make the sep 30th release date. All the big retailers have the same release date 11/19/03. This isnt a last min decision valve can make to release the game it has to be planned and MAJOR retailers like EB and Babbages get information b4 anyone. So if you think HL2 is coming out on sep 30 guess again

Ok they can have that day, but Valve can change it, Vivendi made that date, get the facts straight. It will be out on the 30th like they said.

if they have to delay, it would be a lot more honest if they would anounce it now, because a lot of people will be pissed if they announce it at september 20th or so...I see offices burning in that case...

paolob, to put it short dear friend....your an ass---an asshat

and no not all retailers have the same date, here's a little snippit, of the date's i've picked up just be being here on HL2.net :

september 30th (WHICH IS THE RIGHT ONE)

oktober 1st
obtober 14th
oktober 30th

november 1st
november 10-11-12th
november 20th

christmast 2003
christmas 2004

febuary 2004

i could go on, in short DON'T TRUST THE FRIGGIN' RETAILERS, TRUST VALVE

Ya ok dont trust the retailers lol you guys are morons. You think Valve/Vivendi arent keeping the retailers in the loop? Half Life 2 will NOT be released on Sep 30.

Oh and btw Half Life 2 is the most anticipated game of the year. They know they have to make hundreds of thousands of cds to have enough for demand. There are 19 more days until the game is "released" it would have gone gold by now. Or the retailers would have gotten word if it was indeed going to be released on the 30th. To give them time to deal with all the pre orders.

Oh and btw Half Life 2 is the most anticipated game of the year. They know they have to make hundreds of thousands of cds to have enough for demand. There are 19 more days until the game is "released" it would have gone gold by now. Or the retailers would have gotten word if it was indeed going to be released on the 30th. To give them time to deal with all the pre orders.

Yet again you are wrong. UT2K3 went gold 10 days before ship date. So please take your trolling somewhere else, you know the least about anything. The retailers don't know shit tbh. They are so wrong. They have till the 15th, 16th or 17th before it has to go gold. So how about you leave, and then we all can go on with our happy lives.

we can start paniking when no gold message has come till September 20th (or for the hardcorefans: September 29th).

Ya ok dont trust the retailers lol you guys are morons. You think Valve/Vivendi arent keeping the retailers in the loop? Half Life 2 will NOT be released on Sep 30.

That would only be true if the dates were the same. Do you think that Valve/Vivendi are going around giving different dates to everyone?

Disturbed--

Your comparing the anticipation of UT2k3 to Half Life 2? LOL. Half Life 2 is the biggest game in years. Expect an official announcement of the game being delayed soon.

Disturbed--

Your comparing the anticipation of UT2k3 to Half Life 2? LOL. Half Life 2 is the biggest game in years. Expect an official announcement of the game being delayed soon.

Ok buddy whatever you say. I know for a fact that it won't be delayed. I mean they are just playtesting probably with Sierra right now, then if they find any bugs they can get rid of them. You have no conclusion to say that it will be delayed soon, from the info we have right now, it sure looks like it will make it on time, its really ****ing doubtful that it would take 2 months to play test a game. Next time you wanna come on a board and say shit that isn't true, get your ****ing facts straight first buddy.

Man sometimes i just don't get guys like you paolob, as soons as a delay rumour surfaces, you jump right away to the conclusion that "OMG ITS DELAYED, in your face other Hl2 fans for not believing....look even the retailers changed the date"...Sheeeesh

Really what we should all do there is keep an open mind about everything because who knows when it will really be out it could be the 30th or later who knows hell even valve may not know what with all the palytesting and bug fixing they may be doing now, all we can do is hope for the best.

Anyone still think Half Life 2 is coming september 30? <snicker>

hl2a.php

:D

cmon lets get a countdown on the website
p.s. keep posting to make the moderators listen

If you check the releaselist on avault they say the new release date is okt 19. :flame:

Originally posted by Archangel
if they have to delay, it would be a lot more honest if they would anounce it now, because a lot of people will be pissed if they announce it at september 20th or so...I see offices burning in that case...

Ehumm no my little ner.. :cheese: ehrrmm i mean friend.. im not that into computer games.. since i probably wont buy the game but get it uploaded to my 10 mbit dump long before any of you get your hands on the retail.. well if i like it i probably will buy it since i support the developers that actually makie games that are worth the price tag! =P

Originally posted by Archangel
avult, yes. Valve, no. And you consider yourself a true fan?

Originally posted by KingKooPah
Ehumm no my little ner.. :cheese: ehrrmm i mean friend.. im not that into computer games.. since i probably wont buy the game but get it uploaded to my 10 mbit dump long before any of you get your hands on the retail.. well if i like it i probably will buy it since i support the developers that actually makie games that are worth the price tag! =P

Yeah thats gonna suck when you get warez copy you won't be able to play it.....haahah :borg:

Kingkoopah, thats stealing....you should be banned from these forums, because you are clearly encouraging warezing, and therefor theft.

Back