Counter-Strike Weapons Market - have you seen this?

Dynamic weapon pricing. I remember news posting this a couple years ago, so not for a while...

The idea was that it would get people to try some of the more unpopular weapons by making them cheaper (and increasing the price of all the others). However those weapons are unpopular for a reason, they are shit and so naturally everyone got pissed that they were 'forced' to use shit weapons. You'd also get annoyances like really expensive armor and grenades, while night vision and glocks plummeted to $1 leading to shenanigans like this:
gunsgunsgunsyn3.jpg

There was one good side effect IMO, after the Deagle hit $16,000 Valve increased the power of the other non-Deagle secondary weapons by 25%.

hehe i remember the insane price for the deagle, it was hilarious.

does it even work anymore. when I open the console in CS:S I get an error about not being able to download the price list (not that I use it though).

Not any more it was shut down. Not sure why the link in the OP is still valid but if you take a look all the prices are screwed.

P90 is funny...

current price
$1

projected price
$393 (+39200%)

HOLY SHIT! +39200%? Dayme.

Yeah the idea for a weapons market was pretty interesting acutally, was this market to be used in CAL matches also?? jw:sniper:

Yeah the idea for a weapons market was pretty interesting acutally, was this market to be used in CAL matches also?? jw:sniper:

Nope, it was disastrous for competitive play.

The idea was that it would get people to try some of the more unpopular weapons by making them cheaper (and increasing the price of all the others). However those weapons are unpopular for a reason, they are shit and so naturally everyone got pissed that they were 'forced' to use shit weapons. You'd also get annoyances like really expensive armor and grenades, while night vision and glocks plummeted to $1 leading to shenanigans like this:
gunsgunsgunsyn3.jpg

There was one good side effect IMO, after the Deagle hit $16,000 Valve increased the power of the other non-Deagle secondary weapons by 25%.

Heh, that's my screenshot. Yeah, it was hilarious. Spamming 421 glocks within a second was great. Crashing servers with an exploding ball of glocks.

de_dust20124.jpg

^ It was network lag not graphic lag, the servers were overloaded with things to keep track of.

Haha, I wish I would've done that when it was in effect.

Back