Crytek makes bold claim!

HeadClot

Spy
Reaction score
6d113ed8e2.jpg

3HZygJB9Kfo?t=3m39s

Thoughts?

Just me rambling about the video...

Old technology; this is, in it's most basic form, ragdolls. This kind of technology existed since the first Hitman game. Notice the tie.

It is greatly optimised from what I can see, because that is an impressive amount of joints they can render at once with physics without crashing. Even the vegetation has ragdoll physics and collision, which I'm more suprised off actually.

The skeleton combination is also an old one. Their called bodygroups, the thing you see in TF2 and other various games.

The only "new" thing we saw, was the odd way of handling joint collision, but that's really all my eye noticed. Although all that, the stress test was still pretty impressive.

Besides, these objects linked to this character have no difference in mass, so it all looks equally as floppy. Not exactly realistic to say the least, but Cryengines physics were never that sophisticated to begin with.

I guess this isn't for innovation, but just for better development support? I honestly don't know why they made such a big deal about this, especially in the end.

Just me rambling about the video...

Old technology; this is, in it's most basic form, ragdolls. This kind of technology existed since the first Hitman game. Notice the tie.

It is greatly optimised from what I can see, because that is an impressive amount of joints they can render at once with physics without crashing. Even the vegetation has ragdoll physics and collision, which I'm more suprised off actually.

The skeleton combination is also an old one. Their called bodygroups, the thing you see in TF2 and other various games.

The only "new" thing we saw, was the odd way of handling joint collision, but that's really all my eye noticed. Although all that, the stress test was still pretty impressive.

Besides, these objects linked to this character have no difference in mass, so it all looks equally as floppy. Not exactly realistic to say the least, but Cryengines physics were never that sophisticated to begin with.

I guess this isn't for innovation, but just for better development support? I honestly don't know why they made such a big deal about this, especially in the end.

Pretty much. Cryengine is out of date - I just posted this because it was funny to me :p

About support - It is non existent from cryteks end.

I thought this video was 5-10 years old... found out it was made this year. Why are they bragging about this?

I thought this video was 5-10 years old... found out it was made this year. Why are they bragging about this?

I personally think Crytek is trying to find something innovative and helpfull to the community, but no ones really using the CryEngine for indie developing. I think their just a tad desperate to find something profitable.

Algorithmically it's nothing new, but only recently computers became powerful enough to support this stuff with good framerates.

That's a lot of Unreal related tabs.

Also yes throat lozenges are the future.

Last edited:
Back