CS:S beta this summer (cybercafe/cz owner exclusive!?)

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102317

appently cs-nation is reporting this but it looks like they are getting pounded, anyone have further details?

http://www.csnation.net/

post @ cs-nation

Counter-Strike: Source will see its first BETA released in the coming months to Cybercafe partners and then to Counter-Strike: Condition Zero owners. CS: Source's first BETA release continues the Counter-Strike tradition of public BETA tests. The first Counter-Strike had nearly a year and a half of BETA releases that practically changed the game from month to month (about Counter-Strike). Valve's Doug Lombardi sent this to CS-Nation for release:

Starting later this summer, Valve will be conducting a limited-time beta of Counter-Strike: Source via Steam. The beta will first be open to subscribers of the Valve Cybercafé Program, and then extended to owners of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. The next installment of the world's number 1 online action game, Counter-Strike: Source blends CS' intense teamplay with the advanced technology of Valve's Source engine. For more information, please visit www.steampowered.com.

CS-Nation was first informed of the existence of the BETA program late last night by CSN member nadomola, after he and top members of the South Korean CS community had caught wind of the story. Early and off-camera talk of the BETA program can be heard (barely) in the first of our recent GameMeca movie releases (after the 8 minute mark, mostly unintelligible).

I have CZ. I'm in the clear.

y3y3y3y :)

Edit: Cool though, public betas are always good. And free to CZ owners!? :O :O :O
/me hugs his CZ purchase

first off,i buy a quality game called cz for dirt cheap from play.com,now they are telling me because i own it,i get to beta test source early,god man *hugs my copy also*

* Six Three braces for 10,000 repeat threads

knowing valve "coming months" could mean years though :p

edit: sure am glad I got CSCZ cheap :D with there cs deal.

They said "later in the summer," whatever that means..

Anyway, if that's true, why would they let people get an early look at source before HL2 is out? Could this also be a sign that HL2 may be out before summer's end!?

Confirmed by CSNation, Doug and now Chris.. things are looking great :thumbs:

Due to a low-end PC i can'treally play CZ, However i love the times i do play it with a decent fps.
I promised myself to carry on with CZ once my new comps here, Now this news has made my day :)

Damn,I had vowed never to buy CZ and now it looks like I must.Damn Valve for their very persuasive marketing Strategy.

[Joke]If I buy more then one copy will I be moved to the top of the list?[/Joke]

Voodoo_Chile said:
Damn,I had vowed never to buy CZ and now it looks like I must.Damn Valve for their very persuasive marketing Strategy.

[Joke]If I buy more then one copy will I be moved to the top of the list?[/Joke]

It won't be a beta like mmorpgs I don't think, if that's what you meant by the top of the list. All of us CZ owners will get to play, Steam probably just checks if you have CZ purchased on your Steam account before letting you download it.

ebay is the best for cz... you can get a cdkey instantly for like $10-$15 !!! its awesome because i bought it from someone off ebay and my cd key was emailed to me like 30 seconds later!

-merc

lol well this should cheer up some of the less impressed CZ owners, but when is late summer? august .. september, i hope we arent gonna see many more delays with hl2 and everything, i mean i can understand early fall, its just getting really tense the closer we get.

Valve's new marketing strategy to sell more copies of CZ...I'm not falling for it, won't waste my bucks on buying the same game I already have (counterstrike). It's just like paying $20 to beta test Cs:s. :hmph:

merc said:
ebay is the best for cz... you can get a cdkey instantly for like $10-$15 !!! its awesome because i bought it from someone off ebay and my cd key was emailed to me like 30 seconds later!

-merc
It's what I did ! 15 $ for cs:cz.

Im not going to fall for this scam either... Ill wait for the free finished game.

Well it certainly is a good marketing strategy to sell CZ copies, but it also allows for valve not to have every single CS player in the beta, and they dont have to choose who is in the beta, its the CZ owners. Me is so happy, but oh well, now the wait is on.

why did valve bother to "announce" this instead of just suprising us with it when they were actually ready.. it's like they love to torture us and make us wait :p /sarcasm

If you haven`t bought CZ by now, you ain`t a real CS fan, and should keep away from the beta ;)

I think it's great they are doing it this way, among the reasons being that the majority of the CS (pathetic excuse for a) community won't be on those first days or weeks or however long we get the beta exclusively.

^Thomas^ said:
If you haven`t bought CZ by now, you ain`t a real CS fan, and should keep away from the beta ;)

lol, I never saw a reason too, until now :D

^Thomas^ said:

Or maybe they can't afford it, and have other things that need attending too. Some people actually HAVE bills to pay.

:cheers: WHOO! luckily I downloaded CZ, I WILL BE PLAYING CS:S!!!

Well I guess I'm going to go buy CS:CZ now. Finally make steam like it was back in the beta. Have betas available. Being one of the first people to play the newer CS was so cool back in the day. :)

problem, they said that only 200,000 oe so would get teh beta, so the race is on!

Just wait for the beta to get leaked to kazaa... unless Valve uses their L337 anti hax0r skills... otherwise looks like they're gonna push out a few hundred thousand more copies of CS:CZ to suckers like me.

And where does it say that only 200k people will get the beta?

Sushi said:
Just wait for the beta to get leaked to kazaa... unless Valve uses their L337 anti hax0r skills... otherwise looks like they're gonna push out a few hundred thousand more copies of CS:CZ to suckers like me.

And where does it say that only 200k people will get the beta?

I'm glad CDKeys are the end of people like you. :)
Granted, you were half joking, still.. :D

Great, now I'm gonna have to pay cash d0ll0rz to suck? :x

ugh

this was a brilliant idea by valve to get everyone to buy CZ

I know I will because of this
f**k you valve
but props on the nice marketing strat =P

dassbaba said:
ugh

f**k you valve

I ain't gonna waste $20 on a rehashed CS, regardless of whatever people saying it's better after updates. I can wait till fall for the finished game - for which I'll pay $20, not some beta testing.

dassbaba said:
ugh

f**k you valve

Yeah looks like it's working.

Back