CS:S preload times posted..HL2 preload soon?

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
dont know if this has been posted (searched but found nothing)

CS:S starts preloading today, here are the times:

In PST the preload will start at 12am (-8 GMT)
In MST the preload will start at 1 am(-7 GMT)
In CST the preload will start at 2 am(-6 GMT)
In EST the preload will start at 3 am(-5 GMT)

so does that mean we can expect to pre-load HL2 sometime this week?

If I remember correctly, hl2 will preload on the 17th(only textures and audio though)...correct me if I'm wrong.
Thx for the exact time! :)

Wait.. why would VALVe preload CS:S on the 17th, it's supposed to be preloading today

Is there any idea to preload HL2 if I'm going to buy it from a retail store..?

those are AM times, so it's early tuesday morning for you guys. (i hope).

Wait a minute. 12am, you mean it will start preloading on the 17th?

Dedalus said:
those are AM times, so it's early tuesday morning for you guys. (i hope).

Right. But, VALVe said CS:S preloads on the 16th, not the 17th. 12AM = the 17th. So I think someone's got their wires crossed

ya I think it's what dedalus said

I'm far more excited about HL2 pre-loading ...cant be long now!!! Yay!!!

I have the ati coupon so I'll play the beta but I'm not all that excited about CS:S, never got into CS, I've always been a fan of DoD

CptStern said:
I'm far more excited about HL2 pre-loading ...cant be long now!!!

Yeah, it can't be long now...because it's tommorow! All the audio and textures are going to be preloaded on the 17th, which is tommorow. So you're right, not long to wait! :p

lazyboy said:
I smell a delay,but i dont know.,,

dont even the mention that word, or you're libel to be pummeled by a horde of CS:S fanboys (myself included) ;)

Nah there is 7,880 Mbps ob bandwith on steam that is Available thats preloading bandwith ;)

Shuzer said:
Right. But, VALVe said CS:S preloads on the 16th, not the 17th. 12AM = the 17th. So I think someone's got their wires crossed

I think it's more of a case of someone not knowing the difference between am and pm. That message was posted at 7am, and Cliffe said it would preload at the same time as Cybercafes and that was posted at 8.30am.

CptStern said:
dont even the mention that word, or you're libel to be pummeled by a horde of CS:S fanboys (myself included) ;)

I don't think that words means what you think it means.

(You're looking for liable.)

huh? confusing? what time and date is it going to be available in UK.... GMT?

it really doesnt matter either way, you will have all day tommorow to preload it, and probbally not get to play till late wednesday anyway :O

Ahnteis said:
I don't think that words means what you think it means.

(You're looking for liable.)

the princess bride!!

yes how astute of you ...

yes my mistake ...I'm liable for libel if this was printed in a magazine

Johan_Tayn said:
it's the 27th, actually..

http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2369&st=0&#entry42550 said:
Gabe Newell
Valve Software

Posted: Aug 10 2004, 05:20 PM

Just got out of a review meeting. 8/11 the Cafe's turn on (tomorrow). 8/16 CZ/ATI users pre-load. 8/18 CZ/ATI turns on. 8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts (textures, audio and other stuff that doesn't change).

"8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts..."

Edit: You edited! :p

These times were posted by someone randomly on the steam forums who thought that CS:S would preload at 12am on the 16th exactly. He then translated Valve's 12Am time to different time zones. They aren't official times and thats been proven as its roughly 12 hours later than that prediction anyway.

yea that doesn't make sense....if it was last night at 3am for me then i would be prelaoding it right now.....which im not...and 3am tommorrow morning that is the 17th.....and what is this (-5 GMT) stuff?

Those aren't official, it's just that one guy took 12AM which is the start of the 16th and then put it in all the different US Timezones and he thought that VALVe would be up at 12 at their offices for the preload...

Those aren't the official times, there's a thread about Cliffe hinting about the preload that is more accurate and the times for these have passed already :)

lol these morons all got those times from a thread on steampowered forums and that guy just made those times up. lol im gonna go make a thread with some bs info in it and see how long it takes someone from here to get it and post it as fact.

acme420 said:
lol these morons all got those times from a thread on steampowered forums and that guy just made those times up. lol im gonna go make a thread with some bs info in it and see how long it takes someone from here to get it and post it as fact.

hey dumbass! I got this from a gaming news site ...I dont have time to hunt down every fact, you could have easily said this in a less antagonistic way, no need to be rude. Take Iced_eagle for example: he said the same thing you said without sounding like a dumbass

Back