CS: Source beta "this summer"

B

BoS

www.steampowered.com

Counter-Strike Source beta will be available to all CZ owners later in the "summer." If that's not cool news, I don't know what is. So those of you that didn't want CZ, mine as well get it now, because I'm sure you'll want CS:S to play for a while.

ahhhhhh DAMNIT.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy CZ.

But not until it's officially released. (The beta that is)

sweetness! another great payoff for buying CZ. I have so much fun with that game, and now we get this, this is great.

Fantastic. Glad I bought CZ yesterday now. Deleted Scenes are fun even if it does crash after blowing up the Hind.

That's what the buzz has been all day. I want to try the beta but I don't want to join a cybercafe, or pay for condition zero.

It looks like I'll have to. If you want something good in this world you have to pay for it...

Woah. That is cool. I don't wanna have to buy CZ though. F*cking raquet.

Hmm..strange.

For them to release CS:S they'd have to release the source engine aswell...

Am I hearing Half-Life 2 launch? At the very least we could get the SDK since we'd have the engine. Ah well .. a man can dream :p

Anyways, good news except for the fact that you need CZ.

I thought we would get CS:S for free with HL²... If that's still the case, I guess we won't be seeing HL2 this summer. Or Fall.

Same here. I would never have thought about buying it in a millions years before this...

Smart move of Valve lol, now lots of people will buy CZ just to get in the beta...

I would only buy cz if there was a guarantee of getting the source beta.. not a mabey

Is anyone else experiencing deja-vu with the "summer" thing?

I am, and I don't like it. Not buying CZ yet.

I bought CZ a month or two ago and never regretted it, but this is definately an excellent bonus :)

Although this is smart from a marketing perspective, I can't help but say shame on Valve for not opening this up to the main Counter-Strike community itself.

It's not a big deal though, and it's nice that they are doing this for the people who have CZ. I just feel the beta would be better off if the general community tested it. They would have more beta testers, and the games bugs would be fixed at a faster pace.

I expect to see a "jump" in CZ sales. Meh...

It's not like CS: Source is exclusive to CZ owners, just the beta. Big deal, the rest of the community (ahem) will get to play it in due time.

Nice marketing valve.

Although you would get no profit, hence you wouldn't do this but: **** CS:S, release DOD:source.

little worried if the BETA for a game will release at the end of summer

this game that will be in BETA at end of summer was supposed to be availible (completed i assume) with hl2 on release day.

If its incomplete , would that hold hl2 back?

most prob would... but a hell i got CZ when it came out. so will just have to wait and see...

i'm gonna spend enough buying hl2 special edition and probably other stuff, i'll wait. you guys will have to show a lot of pics and maybe videos of the gameplay. i'm definitely not falling for valve's crap and buying half-assed cz.

Snowknight26 said:
If only us Non-CZ people could beta test it too. :(

I still have my HL2 coupon, maybe that'll count for something.

I did by a Radeon XT to get it, i hope that valve doesn't forget that.

Back