CZ-Will Source-"PiMuRho" please read

eram

Reaction score
Quote from a closed thread
"PiMuRho
Halflife2.net Staff
Super Moderator Join Date: Aug 2003

There won't be a CZ:source.

CZ is CS with improved maps and models and bots.

CS:Source is CS with improved map, models, bots and the new engine.

So what would CZ:Source be? Exactly the same."

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98034

If any mods on this forum want to PM me, i'll be happy to foward them the email Gabe sent me,"May 28th 2004" CZ will to Port To Source.

Also Counter-Strike Source on Release will not Feature the "CSBot"...

Nope, still means nothing to me.

What would CZ:Source be? CS:Source with even more improved maps and models? Seems a bit pointless, no?

You say "Nope, still means nothing to me."?
Gabe Newell says "cz will source"

What would CZ:Source be? CS:Source with even more improved maps and models? Seems a bit pointless, no?

I think the other way round, If CZ is getting a port to Source,Then Why even bother with CS when you know a CZ port would be better...
All i do know is that around 28th May CZ has plans to Source..If changes have been made since i have no idea.Maybe it does seem a bit pointless to have both and some deal will be offered to CZ owners if indeed all the CZ additions are added to CS-S..

CZ:S will undoubtedly have better player models and the CS bot (assuming what Gabe said was true). I can't see there being any significant differences between CZ:S and CS:S, unless CZ:S comes out months after CS:S.

I have to agree to PiMuRho, CZ:S can't be better than CS:S if they went right to CZ:S and didn't release CS:S, because then it would be better than.. nothing

eram said:
You say "Nope, still means nothing to me."?
Gabe Newell says "cz will source"

I think the other way round, If CZ is getting a port to Source,Then Why even bother with CS when you know a CZ port would be better...
All i do know is that around 28th May CZ has plans to Source..If changes have been made since i have no idea.Maybe it does seem a bit pointless to have both and some deal will be offered to CZ owners if indeed all the CZ additions are added to CS-S..
You know theres a quote button at the bottom right of the post....

Shuzer said:
CZ:S will undoubtedly have better player models and the CS bot (assuming what Gabe said was true). I can't see there being any significant differences between CZ:S and CS:S, unless CZ:S comes out months after CS:S.

I have to agree to PiMuRho, CZ:S can't be better than CS:S if they went right to CZ:S and didn't release CS:S, because then it would be better than.. nothing

indeed that is true, if they skiped CS-s and went for CZ-s we wouldnt be seeing this new game for months .CS-S was being worked on while CZ was still being made, Thats the main reason why CS-Source will happen 1st.Well that and the whole community would be crazy at the fact it wasnt called counter-strike...
Dont get me wrong i'm all up for 1 game 1 community, but then CZ would never have happened at all and CS-S wouldnt be out for another 6 months while they added the CZ additions into CS-S.

This is pointless.

CZ:S will most likely be CS2, then aftere CS2 there might be a new CS game which you could call "CZ" but it won't be called that.

Why is this pointless?? u guys think that CZ will not source,and i'm telling you that a month ago Valve still had plans to make CZ-S!
that is all..

But they're already upgrading the models for CS:S and they just announced making new maps for it too :|

Point?

Edit - We're not saying it's not going to happen, we're saying it's stupid :p

lol,ok say it's stupid all you want i don't mind that 1 bit, the point of the thread was to correct the mistakes thats all....

By all means Flame on!

Why can`t just some of the people from Valve invade the forum and answer some om this..

So, we'll have :
CS1.6, CS:CZ, CS:S, CZ:S AND CS2

5 communities :rolling:

Play4Fun said:
So, we'll have :
CS1.6, CS:CZ, CS:S, CZ:S AND CS2

5 communities :rolling:

That's a problem, they should close 1.6 and all previous versions once CS:S is available and just fuggedabout CZ.

well this is what i posted a while back. i didn't really believe it, but if it is true i still fail to see the point in cs:s and cz:s. i also heard cs:s is free with hl2, and cz:s will be free for those who own cz:s, but who knows when that is out. i can only assume cz:S will be nicer maps, models, bots etc? who knows what valve are up to....

CZ:S is a really bad idea. They should put all their effort into CS:S, including the bots, and the best maps they can do.

James Isaac said:
CZ:S is a really bad idea. They should put all their effort into CS:S, including the bots, and the best maps they can do.

Where do you guys have all the info about bots from? Doug said in he`s previous interview that CS Source at launch NOT will include bots, and who wants the crappy Podbot or Realbot made by "normal" modders?

CZ fans are asking becuase they want the official CS bot with good AI.

Well Condition Zero is Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Now This is going to be called Counter-Strike: Source.

The naming convention implies that there won't be a Condition Zero Source otherwise it'll be CS:CZ:S.

As far as I understand it CS:CZ was an update to CS. CS Source is an update to CS. So like the original poster says it superscedes CS:CZ.

I highly doubt they would make CS:S by removing features only to add them in again later. Perhaps they weren't going to put bots in but have now realised they have the time to do it.

Yeah, having 2 mods is just going to split players. It's a bad idea. They should put full effort into one product, and not spread it out over 2!

Back