Dane Cook's Vicious Circle Exclusive Clip

joule

Tank
Reaction score
http://media.tv.ign.com/media/851/851169/vids_1.html

IGN said:
Premiering this Labor Day, September 4, is a brand-new HBO special from comedian superstar Dane Cook. Titled Dane Cook: Vicious Circle, the special was taped on April 15 in Cook's hometown of Boston.

Vicious Circle consists of footage from two sold-out shows Cook gave that day, to a total of 36,000 fans at the TD Banknorth Garden (the home of the Boston Celtics). Director Marty Callner (HBO's Rolling Stones: Live from Madison Square Garden and Robin Williams: Live on Broadway) employed 17 cameras to film the special.

Who else is primed for this awesomeness?

I watched it in person, it was f*cking amazing. I have never laughed that hard in my life. Even the cab ride to the show was awesome. Watch it when it comes out. If you love Dane Cook you'll laugh your ass off. Hopefully they put in the parts where people came up to the stage, those were great.

Never heard of him but that video was pretty funny.

Tivo's set for it. n.n

I'm so glad I found out about Dane Cook a couple years ago...
One of my friends started doing his older skits (guy gets his by car and is totally unharmed)... it was hilarious.

Who else just watched? ****ing hilarious!!!

I only saw like from about 5 minutes before the movie theatre part and on.

That was wootage. The sneeze motion with the werewolf, hahaha. :D

The video clip is an edited and condensed version of just one of his bits...and not even one of the really good ones. It just ended up being the easiest and shortest bit to clean up and slim down to a short clip.

He has a couple hilarious video game references too :D

He has a couple hilarious video game references too :D

Yeah, like the one where the couple are fighting and the wife goes to talk to her mom for four hours and he goes on Xbox Live. :LOL:

And the Mortal Kombat one. He goes down on the girl and comes right back up because of the Godawful stench. He acts like an MK character during a "Finish Him" move. "SCORPION WINS!" :)

If you happened to miss Vicious Circle last night, there will be reruns. Check out the listing...

ALL SHOWINGS, HBO/MAX East
DATE/TIME...............................CHANNEL

Tue 9/5 10:00 PM........................HBO2 - EAST
Wed 9/6 09:30 PM.......................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Fri 9/8 12:10 AM.........................HBO High Definition - EAST
Fri 9/8 12:10 AM ........................HBO - EAST
Sat 9/9 10:00 PM .......................HBO High Definition - EAST
Sat 9/9 10:00 PM.......................HBO - EAST
Mon 9/11 02:10 AM......................HBO2 - EAST
Tue 9/12 09:30 PM......................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Thu 9/14 09:00 PM......................HBO High Definition - EAST
Thu 9/14 09:00 PM......................HBO - EAST
Fri 9/15 04:10 AM .......................HBO High Definition - EAST
Fri 9/15 04:10 AM........................HBO - EAST
Sun 9/17 12:00 AM......................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Mon 9/18 11:00 PM......................HBO High Definition - EAST
Mon 9/18 11:00 PM......................HBO - EAST
Sat 9/23 03:45 AM......................HBO2 - EAST
Mon 9/25 02:20 AM .....................HBO High Definition - EAST
Mon 9/25 02:20 AM......................HBO - EAST
Wed 9/27 04:10 AM.....................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Thu 9/28 01:55 AM......................HBO High Definition - EAST
Thu 9/28 01:55 AM.......................HBO - EAST
Sat 9/30 01:30 AM......................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Sun 10/1 12:15 AM.....................HBO High Definition - EAST
Sun 10/1 12:15 AM.................... HBO - EAST
Tue 10/3 03:00 AM......................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Wed 10/4 09:30 PM....................HBO2 - EAST
Sat 10/7 03:20 AM......................HBO ZONE - EAST
Mon 10/9 12:30 AM......................HBO2 - EAST
Tue 10/10 09:45 PM....................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Mon 10/16 02:25 AM....................HBO ZONE - EAST
Wed 10/18 09:30 PM....................HBO COMEDY - EAST
Sun 10/22 01:00 AM....................HBO2 - EAST
Sun 10/29 12:35 AM.....................HBO ZONE - EAST

I'm annoyed it hasn't hit the net yet. I gotta see the parts I missed becuase most of those showings are no good for me due to work :(

I'm tivoing it tonight, is it really good? Dane Cook is a funny guy, but I don't know...

He's funny, but good lord is he overrated.
I wouldn't say "overrated" but more "overhyped". Or maybe it's just the fact that every teen in America knows him. Mix that with the iPod, and sites like MySpace and YouTube which let them share it easier, and bam you've got the basis of this generation.

And it's gross.

But Dane Cook is funny, I'm not about to start worshipping him for no real reason like most others do.

I wouldn't say "overrated" but more "overhyped". Or maybe it's just the fact that every teen in America knows him. Mix that with the iPod, and sites like MySpace and YouTube which let them share it easier, and bam you've got the basis of this generation.

And it's gross.

But Dane Cook is funny, I'm not about to start worshipping him for no real reason like most others do.

I'd put that in the same department as "overrated" though. I mean yeah, he has some hilarious bits, but he's nothing compared to Patton Oswalt or David Cross.

I'd put that in the same department as "overrated" though. I mean yeah, he has some hilarious bits, but he's nothing compared to Patton Oswalt or David Cross.
Which aren't as appealing to teens as Dane is. Dane focuses on teens and young adults.

I've been a big fan ever since Harmful if Swallowed hit the shelves. I'm surprised it took this long for him to really catch on.

His comedy is the perfect match for the current college-age person in the US.

I've never been a fan of Patton Oswalt. David Cross is a hilarious actor/writer (Mr. Show) but I've never seen his standup.

Pretty good so far, pretty funny. His atheist joke was dumb though. I've never met an atheist who believes he'll come back as a tree. How about I print Beyond Good and Evil on your skin Mr. Cook :|. But, I digress. Being agnostic myself, of course I wouldn't find the joke funny. Just as any Christian probably wouldn't find many of George Carlin's jokes funny.

Pretty good so far, pretty funny. His atheist joke was dumb though. I've never met an atheist who believes he'll come back as a tree. How about I print Beyond Good and Evil on your skin Mr. Cook :|. But, I digress. Being agnostic myself, of course I wouldn't find the joke funny. Just as any Christian probably wouldn't find many of George Carlin's jokes funny.
Wow, do you have to believe in it to find it funny? It's a joke. What you believe in doesn't magically make it un-funny. It's like you wouldn't laugh at yourself because the joke is directed at you and you don't agree with it. Just stupid.

I just said my opinion was biased :rolleyes:. How about not making a big deal out of it. I know it's a joke. It was even pretty funny. I just find the "turn into a tree" thing ridiculous. Insignificant things bother me.

I'm Christian, and yet Bill Hicks is one of my favorite comedians. So yeah.

I'll shoot you :D.
I was angry at something last night so my bitchy post should be taken with a grain of salt.

Wow, do you have to believe in it to find it funny? It's a joke. What you believe in doesn't magically make it un-funny. It's like you wouldn't laugh at yourself because the joke is directed at you and you don't agree with it. Just stupid.

Just stupid. Like you overreacting.

I found the talk about the "b/e" hilarious.

"ARE YOU WATCHING DOOR KICKER? ARE YOU WATCHING? YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME? I'M GETTING A DIVORCE BECAUSE OF YOU! AHH. I DID MY BEST. I DID MY BEST."

An over-reaction would be:

WTF that piece of shit wasn't funny at all. Which stupid c*nt said this ****er was funny?

An over-reaction would be:

WTF that piece of shit wasn't funny at all. Which stupid c*nt said this ****er was funny?
lol, I wasn't calling your post an over-reaction, I was making fun of myself based on what Samon just said.

Watched it last night, it was pretty funny.

Loved the door kicker bit... but after that it started going down hill a tad...

Just browsed around Youtube a bit and I'm not finding this guy funny in the slightest. He pretty much just talks about things that happened to him in a loud voice. They don't even sound the least bit improbable, it's just everyday shit, but louder. That's funny how?

Back