Day 7: Sniper Unlock - Jarate

Snipers on 2Fort throwing their piss all over each other.

The flare gun is now officially MORE USELESS.

Flare gun is shit anyway, but I doubt many snipers filling their traditional role (i.e. not Huntsman users) will use the Jarate, they'll prob use the Razorback - in which case they need the kukri with the SMG gone.

ewwww I bet it's going to make that pee in a jar noise too....
well at least it's not....the other....stuff.....ya know.....

I wasn't dissing Australians...just because I live in NZ doesn't mean I'm all anti-Aussie, I much prefer Aussie to NZ as a matter of fact, and plan to move there (Wycliffe Well FTW)

I apologize to anyone I offended.

This is one of the negative aspects of Hl2.net. Half of you lot are a bunch of tea-drinking sophisticates who drive Mercedes and work in skyscrapers and shun the slightest amount of playfulness to the gutter. Seriously, what other multiplayer game consists of pee jars, sandwiches, baseball, '30s spies, and automated turrets and still manages to hold itself together better than almost every other multiplayer game?

This looks freaking fantastic and is not immaturely irrelevant, watch Meet the Sniper.

I'm really happy about this. You can't use it with the razorback = nothing close range! Pee on enemy + machine gun extra damage will be an effective combo I think.

Also I image people on fire running up to the sniper shouting MEDIC now haha! It's going to crack me up. Also if you chuck the jarate directly up in the air and it lands on you, will stop your burning? I hope so!

I wonder if it has a boomer bile visual effect?

Me, or Vectyr? Or monkeyclass?

Guys a little less abstractness would be nice it would make everyone's life much easier.

The guy you were responding to.

Flare gun is shit anyway, but I doubt many snipers filling their traditional role (i.e. not Huntsman users) will use the Jarate, they'll prob use the Razorback - in which case they need the kukri with the SMG gone.

They cant use it on themselves anyway.

But the flare gun is never useless and if you think it is your either a god with the shotgun or just a shit Pyro in which case GTFO my class kthanx.

Pyro's greatest weapon is causing confusion and panic. An enemy attack with medics and all sorts are a little less threatening when they are all on fire and more worried about not being on fire then fighting as a coherent unit.

Disruption is all a Pyro needs to get kills and clear the way.

I don't dislike this update because I find it distasteful, not funny or immature; it's just wasted potential.

Instead of something neat, innovative, cool, new, inventive, interesting or somewhat useful, we have a jar of piss.

1172447685261.jpg

A tip: expression your emotions with pictures from popular culture is only funny when Darkside does it.

This is one of the negative aspects of Hl2.net. Half of you lot are a bunch of tea-drinking sophisticates who drive Mercedes and work in skyscrapers and shun the slightest amount of playfulness to the gutter.

Cool! Now putting out teammates will be a "piece of piss!"

jumptheshark

Hehe, just a little bit. Still pretty funny though, kinda sounds like the closest thing TF2 has to a thrown grenade. Should be interesting to see the visual effects for being hit with the jar at least!

God, they're making me choose between the Jarate and Razorback.

DAMN YOU!

(As for now, I'm writing the Bow & Arrow off as only used to get the related achievements.)

It'll probably be like the L4D molotov, you can see the liquid slushing around inside.

This looks freaking fantastic and is not immaturely irrelevant, watch Meet the Sniper.
That had an actual point/purpose to it - that as a professional Sniper he is prepared to spend hours and hours waiting in the same spot to take his shot.
Plus it's something actual Snipers do, but it's not the same as throwing it around.

Jarate shouldn't have gone beyond a April Fools joke. I don't think it fits TF2. I don't think it fits the Sniper. But I'm clearly in the minority.

I foresee the next few days of servers being full of snipers throwing piss jars at each other.

I wasn't sure until I played and saw people get hit (and got hit myself) with the jarate that there'd be a psychological element. The character model is yellow and dripping, well done, if you ask me. When I get hit, part of me says, "woah, need to get to cover" and part of me says, "boo-ya GROSS!" I used to only call for medic when my health was 20 or lower, there were other medics around, and the local health was unavailable. Now I call whenever I get slimed with that shit.

Back