Ecthe|ioN

Reaction score
Do you collect DVD's?

If you do:

How long have you been collecting?
How many dvd's do you currently own?
How many do you purchase each month?
Are you planning to buy a specific DVD?

I have been collection dvd's for about a year, and have about 100+ DVD's. I buy a couple of dvd's every month, but usually save up money for box-collections.

Still waiting for Lord of the Rings: Return of the king - Extended Edition.

Yeah, I've been collecting for a few years now. I don't buy them that often; around 2-4 a month, but I have about 100 in total.

Of course! I have about 35 now, I think, and I buy 2 a week. :D

Just started the habit this summer. The latest one I've bought has been Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- my favorite movie :)

Erestheux said:
Of course! I have about 35 now, I think, and I buy 2 a week. :D

Just started the habit this summer. The latest one I've bought has been Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind- my favorite movie :)

I'm probably getting that later this month :) Never seen it before.
I bought Kill Bill 2, The Passion of the Christ and Van Helsing this month. I'm planning on getting the "Band of Brothers" box, "Star Wars" box and the "Godfather" box..

I can't walk into a dvd-selling shop without buying :) Once you pop, you can't stop. :cheers:

Yes, I don't buy any VCRs anymore. I got my DVD-player(outside the computer) three years ago. I have 170 DVDs.

VHS and VCR's are going the way of Audio Cassette Tapes and Tape Players.

Every new movie that I get, has to be DVD. Not just for the quality, sound, and bonus features; but for the fact that going the other route will lead to a dead end in less than 2 years.

I have been collecting since the start of the Millenium.
I already have about 30 in my collection.
I average one DVD per month.
The last DVD I bought was the SLIDERS Box Set (my favorite adult series as a child growing up). The next one on the list will probably be the Star Wars Trilogy Box Set. (I like Box Sets :) )

No, I do not collect them, but I have a DVD player at my TV and from time to time I buy a DVD or two :)

I've been collecting on and off for about 4 years now. I've got about 200.

I've only got about 20, but I do have to really restrain myself whenever I go somewhere that sells them.

I dont but my dad does..we have around 150+ DVD´s..

Yes, I collect DVDs. Every since 2001. I now have about 40 or 50, but I expect that to be at least doubled by February 2005.

Good to se that people use their money on something useful like me :)
Keep collecting! There's nothing quite like a good DVD, Dolby Surround, large bag of potato chips/popcorn and a couple of beers.

/me drools.

Nice to see some replies.

Yes!

Going to start a huge collection soon.

Yes.

Have about 100
Ever since I have a DVD player, that is about 3 years.
About 1 a month right now, the movie industry is kind of weak right now in my view.

I'm planning to buy Farenheit 9/11, SW trilogy, LOTR : Return of the King SE....

Me and my mum are collecting, getting a few every month. Right now we're closing in on 200.

kind-of.. there aren't enough good movies out there to build-up a real collection though..

Lil' Timmy said:
kind-of.. there aren't enough good movies out there to build-up a real collection though..

That's exactly what I feel too. I've bought 100+ since last summer, where half the collection is collector-boxes and most of the others are old movies (5 years old+). Just have a few new movies. It takes a while to build a collection containing quality movies. And I want Quality over Quantity.

Im more of a movie man than a games man (i only play HL, CS, DoD and soon HL2).

I've been collecting for about two years.
I own a little over 140.
I buy at least three to five a month.
I'm looking to buy Hard Boiled Criterion Collection soon.

sort of.
i only buy dvds worth having though, not the random see once film.

Been collecting for mmm 4 years maybe. Own about 125 or somewhere around that. I generally buy 1-4 a month depending on what's going on money-wise for me.

Last buy was Todd Browning's "Freaks"

Looking forward to:

Ed Wood on Oct 19th.

Dawn of the Dead -Unrated Director's Cut 2004 version on oct 26th

LOTR:ROTK extendted edition in dec

And Orgazmo (whenever the hell they actually release it)

Someone said:
Ed Wood on Oct 19th.
Is that when that movie comes to DVD, or is it just a random date? I really want to see it, I already own Plan 9 from Outer Space and I think Ed Wood has to be one of the most interesting life stories, ever :)

Erestheux said:
Is that when that movie comes to DVD, or is it just a random date? I really want to see it, I already own Plan 9 from Outer Space and I think Ed Wood has to be one of the most interesting life stories, ever :)

That's the date which is listed...but we know how release dates work. It HAS been one of those DVD's which has bounced from date to date though (much like Orgazmo) But here's a link with the announcement and what it contains (at least the region 1 version):

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=12683

very good movie though...Johnny Depp is outstanding and Martin Landau steals MANY scenes.

I don't collect them exactly, but recently I have been buying quite a few.

Transformers! I can't believe you like that :O I mean its great, but I didn't think you would buy it...Don't be surprised if your deleivery gets, 'lost', in transit.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Transformers! I can't believe you like that :O I mean its great, but I didn't think you would buy it...Don't be surprised if your deleivery gets, 'lost', in transit.

There'll be hell to pay if it is. And what do you mean when you say you didn't think I'd buy it?

Zerimski said:
There'll be hell to pay if it is. And what do you mean when you say you didn't think I'd buy it?

Not sure...You just didn't seem like the type when I wrote it...but when I think about it, I suppose you are (Well, obviously since you did actually buy it)

Back