DOD:S pricing is weird.

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
The silver package is $60. The bronze package costs $50. So HL2 costs (I'm assuming) $20 on Steam and DOD:S is also $20. That leaves the back catalog for $10 and HL:S for $10. Because I'm not old enough to get a Credit card (next week I'll be turning 18) I had to get the bronze retail HL2 package which is $55. So why does'nt it cost $5 for DOD:S on Steam? Because if you had done the smart thing of buying the Silver package then you would have gotten it for $5 instead of $20. Is this correct people? Help a confused person in need, lol! :x *Btw I think my math is correct lol. I lost myself half-way through there too! :LOL: And I'm thinking is it because of the Vivendi pricing thing?

You dont need a credit card. A debit card would have done just fine.

Why would anyone buy anything rather then silver? (except gold for the EXTREME HARDCORE)? It has all valve games for like $5 - 10 dollars more! Only a fool would save $5 to not even be able to try the back catalogue/HL:S or DOD:S !

Also every company does that. If you pick a bigger engine in a car the cost is for the whole engine not just the price difference. Just like a 40GB larger drive from dell or anyone that costs $60 when it is just a $10 upgrade from the 40GB drive that originally was suppost to come with it.

DrDevin said:
Why would anyone buy anything rather then silver? (except gold for the EXTREME HARDCORE)? It has all valve games for like $5 - 10 dollars more! Only a fool would save $5 to not even be able to try the back catalogue/HL:S or DOD:S !

I already had Opposing force and Blue Shift, so I buying the silver edition would have been a huge waste of money for me. Plus, only 2 or 3 of the games in the back catalogue actually cost money. The rest were free expansions.

DrDevin said:
Why would anyone buy anything rather then silver?
Many of valves players do not have credit cards.

Did you see the CS:S player numbers skyrocket when the game went retail? The player numbers almost trippled.

Mr-Fusion said:
Many of valves players do not have credit cards.

Did you see the CS:S player numbers skyrocket when the game went retail? The player numbers almost trippled.

I know, it's ****ing pathetic.

People paying good money on a subpar game and completely bypassing an incredible game.

Well I had all of the back catalog and cs:cz. So that left me with HL2, HL: D, CS: S, HL: S and DOD: D and the back catalog. I really didn't want DOD:S at the time and I didn't want a crappy port of HL:S and certainly not the back catalog which I already have. Thats why I didn't want silver and the crdeit card issue at the time. I'm just thinking that its really ****ed up how they priced DOD for non silver people.

ya I agree this is total BS, some of us don't have credit cards and couldnt get the silver pack in stores...and now that I finally have my hands on a cc I have to pay 20 bucks..really messed..

I never really did like DOD. All people do in that game is camp. I'm waiting for Oct. 18 to come for Call of Duty 2.

Back