Does the 7 hour war occur during HL 1?

morgs

The Freeman
Reaction score
Is the whole period of hl 1 the 7 hour war? or is that while Gordon is in stasis?

Heh. Few topics in which the thread ends in one post. You know that, because Eli mentions Gordon looks "puzzled" when he looks at the clippings on his wall in his lab.

Heh. Few topics in which the thread ends in one post. You know that, because Eli mentions Gordon looks "puzzled" when he looks at the clippings on his wall in his lab.

Have patience Druckles...some knuckelhead will post the idea that Gordon wasn't really in statis, that the G-Man just wanted him to think that. And Gordon was really off fighting the X-Race in the moon around Zen.....Oh no, now I've done it, I gave some knuckelhead something to start with...:rolleyes:

And as he emptied his last clip into his final enemy, the room began to melt away into darkness. The world dissolves and its people are erased, as if all of the universe was in the process of being reset. Gordon's view pans away into nothing.

Meanwhile, in the real world, a young autistic Gordon stares into a snow globe of Black Mesa. Papa Calhoun comes in wearing his construction uniform and hard hat, exhausted from a hard day's work. He laments to Grandpa Kleiner about his son's condition, sitting at the table while young Gordon intently stares at the globe, drifting off into a world of his own imagination.

End.

Too funny Absinthe, just too damn funny.:E I actually laughed out loud...

But, Absinthe, I hadn't finished HL3 yet! WTF! SPOILERS!

Agreed. A spoiler tag must be included.

And as he emptied his last clip into his final enemy, the room began to melt away into darkness. The world dissolves and its people are erased, as if all of the universe was in the process of being reset. Gordon's view pans away into nothing.

Meanwhile, in the real world, a young autistic Gordon stares into a snow globe of Black Mesa. Papa Calhoun comes in wearing his construction uniform and hard hat, exhausted from a hard day's work. He laments to Grandpa Kleiner about his son's condition, sitting at the table while young Gordon intently stares at the globe, drifting off into a world of his own imagination.

End.

That was great. Not for a halflife ending but still great.

Is the whole period of hl 1 the 7 hour war? or is that while Gordon is in stasis?
The newspaper headlines of 'Portal Storms Continue' clearly mean that there was a period in between the first Xen-Portal at Black Mesa, and the Portal Storms as they were continuing then. THEN the 7 Hour War happens after that.

Raising the Bar has various unused concepts on how the information about this point would be dispensed. Eli describes a period of unknown length in which people gave up on 'hard to patrol places' and started a trend of mass-urbanisation. Then there's a period of supposed safety, then the shit hit the fan. It's impossible for us to know how long it is after Black Mesa for the Combine to arrive. I'd say a year or two for all that is described above. But essentially, Gordon is in stasis for the entire thing.

edit: Of course the most important thing is that the Xen invasion and the Combine invasion are entirely separate. The Combine have no connection with what was going on in Xen, save perhaps for being responsible for driving the Vortiguants / Nihlianth there.

Back