Domestic Dispute Mod Talent Search

Submerge

Reaction score
The Domestic Dispute Mod is looking for some talented modders out there to help us with the mod and join the team. Well, for some info on the mod, it is set within the United States in a fictional city called Trinity City during present time(2004) with classes such as gangs, cops, robbers, and SWAT. We will be making the game realistic to city enviorment yet fun like Illegal Street Races & women! If you think u'd have the ability ti help us in any way please contact us at: [email protected]

Such positions we need filled are:
-Coder
-UVW Unwrapper
-Animator
-Modeller
-Skinner
-Sound Editor
-Voice Actor
-Movie Editor
-Webmaster
-Mapper

Forums: http://www.ddmod.com/forum
IRC Channel: irc://irc.gamesnet.net/ddmod

-Thankyou

*bump*we need a person who is able to take renders of our models. If your ble to take renders and wanna help us out please reply. We will appreciate it! :)

If you have a modeller that doesnt know how to take a render, then I'm afraid you should start looking for a new one.

we need 3ds max renders :) he doesn't use 3ds max

and we r looking for new modellers, anyways our current modeller is very good. so i don't think we'de get rid of him :)

alright

I use 3D Studio Max 5.1
and i can render pictures for you.
Notify me if you are intrested.

Use MSN Instant Messenger for easy contact

[email protected]

I keep seeing this thread and resist posting this but I can't any longer.........

Who in thier right mind would apply to just unwrap models?
To me that it the worst part about making and textureing a model and deffinately the least rewarding not to mention time consuming.

I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Who in thier right mind would apply to just unwrap models?

Hey, there's an ass built for every seat.

Disclaimer:
Thats not saying the person with the ass for that seat IS an Ass, its just that they have the one ass that fits that particular seat.

What Do you mean by "unwrap" models?

He just said Render. As in render pictures or small video clips.

I hope...

Originally posted by AgentXen
What Do you mean by "unwrap" models?

In his first post he asked for people that can fill these spots......

Originally posted by Submerge
Such positions we need filled are:
-Coder
-UVW Unwrapper
-Animator
-Modeller
-Skinner
-Sound Editor
-Voice Actor
-Movie Editor
-Webmaster
-Mapper

Note the sceond position.......

Unwrapping models is laying out the UV's so they can be textured without there being any stretching.

Originally posted by Punisher454
Hey, there's an ass built for every seat.

I guess you're right, I just don't see someone wanting to do just that.........but if they do more power to them.

**** that, I thought it was only rendering.
Good luck finding someone to do that.

ok guys here is the deal, lol.

We need a renderer. A person who can take a model from the team, and position it using like 3ds studio max and use the render function that it has to get pictures of the model.

We also need a seperate person(s) who is able to unwrap. No not just a person who knows how to unwrap and nothing else (but if that's your think then that'll be cool aswell). But during my time i've seen modeller's who can unwrap & skinners who can unwrap. I just want a person (don't care what else you can do) but is able to unwrap pretty well. :) Not just a person who unwraps everyones models and thats all they do. OK? We just need them able to unwrap:cheers:

I sent an E-mail about the webmaster thing...check it out.

Wouldnt Softimage XSI modellers be better than 3ds max ones? Just an observation.. since all the 3ds models will have to be converted to XSI anyway :/

ya, but like no one uses Soft Image. I'm not reak particular of what u use to model. Just that it is able to be converted to 3ds studio max. Becuz it is a good modelling program with alot of possibilities which will probably be able to convert models to XSI to.

Smilez, models won't have to be converted to XSI models, they will have to be converted to HL2 format you idgiot!

as with the Half-life method...and i believe that Gabe (or someone less important :p) has said that there will be Exporters to the HL2 format provided for:

3Dsmax
Maya
and XSI

and Milkshape will probably have one soon too :p

and 3d program just has to do with preferance :cheese:

and i prefer MAX

ya, i prefer max, i know more about it

except when i reformatted my PC, lost MAX and can't get it back anymore cuz it's hard to find :)

Originally posted by Submerge
ok guys here is the deal, lol.

We need a renderer. A person who can take a model from the team, and position it using like 3ds studio max and use the render function that it has to get pictures of the model.

We also need a seperate person(s) who is able to unwrap. No not just a person who knows how to unwrap and nothing else (but if that's your think then that'll be cool aswell). But during my time i've seen modeller's who can unwrap & skinners who can unwrap. I just want a person (don't care what else you can do) but is able to unwrap pretty well. :) Not just a person who unwraps everyones models and thats all they do. OK? We just need them able to unwrap:cheers:

That' why I posted was to get clarification because it looked originally like you just wanted people tounwrap models.

But like Punisher said there's an ass under every hat on seats or something......... ;)

no, but we really need unwrappers that can unwrap a vehicle well enough for the skinner to skin it

unwrapping is a talented job, it's hard to come by an unwrapper. just like a coder. luckily enough we have 1 coder already and im thankfull for that

Wow thats sound like a GOOD mod idea, I hope this mod shoots up and be the best one out there. :afro: Good Luck to you guys and I cant wait to play it when it releases. NICE IDEA :cheese: :cheers: :cool:

thanks

and we still need an UVWunwrappers, animators, modellers, and coders. If anyone can help, please email me or reply :)

lol palindrome, wats up :D

haven't seen u since the fall of bfcentral

Back