Dota 2 "New Bloom 2015" Update - Part 3

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While it doesn't feature any trailers or comics, Part 3 of the New Bloom 2015 update has revealed pretty much everything we need to know about the upcoming changes! This includes a closer look at newcomer Winter Wyvern, who is able to use powerful freezing abilities to disrupt team fights, heal allies, and literally turn her enemies against one another for a short period with the "Winter's Curse" ultimate.

CM.PNG

Crystal Maiden's new "Frost Avalanche" arcana set is also shown off and explained in a lot more detail. It features the usual set of new emoticons, animations, icons, and other goodies, and is currently available for pre-purchase at a 20% discount. That's far from all, however, as an updated version of the New Bloom springtime map from last year is also set to make an appearance alongside the long-awaited alternate voice pack for Spectre, as voted for by the community during The International 2014. A new "Year Beast Brawl" event has also been teased alongside Crystal Maiden's new arcana, but there's currently no details regarding how exactly it will play out.

If, like many people, you've been a little frustrated by the lack of item drops over the past few months, fear not, as the New Bloom 2015 update will also massively update the item drop system, allowing "ultra-rare" sets to appear more frequently as well as allowing single, unmarketable items to drop every so often. Other additions include the ability to recycle unwanted items, the "Charm of the Crucible Jewel" item which allows match predictions to be made, and brand new Chinese-themed loot, including Jade Effigy Blocks, a new "Harmonies of New Bloom" music pack (which sounds great!), a Year Beast loading screen, and sets for Vengeful Spirit, Axe, and Keeper of the Light, among others.

Sets.PNG

There's also a number of much-needed additions listed at the bottom of the update page, including unspecified pathing improvements and essential nerfs for Juggernaut, Axe, Vengeful Spirit, and Lion. We highly recommend checking out the New Bloom 2015 Part 3 announcement page for yourself if you're looking for a preview of the new music, or if you want to learn more about any of the new features we may have brushed past here. Happy Chinese New Year!

Last edited:
Am I blind or didnt they talk about the new game mode yet? Or is it the same as last year?

Am I blind or didnt they talk about the new game mode yet? Or is it the same as last year?

Judging by the trailer: the gamemode this year will be a bit different than last year's New Bloom since the trailer had a line implying you've "tamed the beast;" and reading through the announcement page, they didn't really talk about the event. You know what this means...
Part 4 hype!

Also Reddit found some hints pointing towards a possible Arc Warden reveal. That, or they're hinting at one Bitchin' Void remodel.

Last edited:
Judging by the trailer: the gamemode this year will be a bit different than last year's New Bloom since the trailer had a line implying you've "tamed the beast;" and reading through the announcement page, they didn't really talk about the event. You know what this means...
Part 4 hype!
There is no part 4. The gamemode is a mini-game within Unranked matches, just like the Nemesis Assassin event. No idea how it plays out yet, but it involves making Year Beasts more powerful for a "brawl" of some kind.

Also Reddit found some hints pointing towards a possible Arc Warden reveal. That, or they're hinting at one Bitchin' Void remodel.
Most Dota heroes have been revealed in this way via the art of the previous hero.

There is no part 4. The gamemode is a mini-game within Unranked matches, just like the Nemesis Assassin event. No idea how it plays out yet, but it involves making Year Beasts more powerful for a "brawl" of some kind.

Oh I know there won't be, I was just joking. Though it does seem strange they didn't really explain the gamemode in the update, assuming it is a bit different from last year's.

Oh I know there won't be, I was just joking. Though it does seem strange they didn't really explain the gamemode in the update, assuming it is a bit different from last year's.
There won't be any kind of Year Beast event map, if that's what you're wondering.

Back