Dr. Freemen

H

Hojo

Why does everybody call Gordon "Mr.Freemen" when he has a Ph.D in theoretical physics from MIT?

Cause he's a goober on the lowest rung of the ladder at Black Mesa. His job is to push buttons and rolls cart into giant beams of energy.

Originally posted by Hojo
Why does everybody call Gordon "Mr.Freemen" when he has a Ph.D in theoretical physics from MIT?

well said.:bounce:

Originally posted by RoyalEF
Cause he's a goober on the lowest rung of the ladder at Black Mesa. His job is to push buttons and rolls cart into giant beams of energy.

:cheese:

Originally posted by Hojo
Kinda like how Smith from the Matrix calls Neo "Mr. Anderson"

Re: Re: Dr. Freemen

Originally posted by Sushi
Kinda like how Smith from the Matrix calls Neo "Mr. Anderson"

But Neo was just a cubical slave. :imu:

I think people see Gordon more as a mindless brute :monkee: than a highly trained scientist. :dork:

It's really too bad that he doesn't get the respect that he deserves after all that he's been through

lol.. i just wanted to post a reply with the same content :afro:

the reason why some people think hes name is Freemen is because the grunts in hl1 sprayed "Surrender Freemen" on walls and stuff..
and i think thats because the grunts thought there were more than one guy.. so Freeman became Freemen
what do you think of that theory? :)

Mackan du är lite rolig du *he he*
sorry sorry Ill take the answ in english
More then one guy ??
Or maybe they spelled it wrong becouse they are grunts and cant do anything exept fight... maybe :cheese:

yeah but say you were a grunt and you heard reports of your men getting killed like flies, and then you heard someone say Freeman on the commradio, then you would probably think it was some rebel force or something that called themself FreeMEN (Freeman and Freemen sounds very alike)
right? :)

true. But, the guy does agent smith, does he do the voice of G-man. cos they similar (watch the matrix again and listen)...

Originally posted by TPBin
true. But, the guy does agent smith, does he do the voice of G-man. cos they similar (watch the matrix again and listen)...

I dont think its the same person.... `_^

Agent Smith "real" name is Hugo Weaving.

hm i dont think the guy playing smith (his name is Hugo Weaving) does the voice of gman
the gman has a way more hissing sound to his voice.. dont think Hugo would sound like that even if he tried

IIRC, the only person that calls you Mr Freeman is the G-Man.

He obviously calls you that because he is being disparaging and trying to belittle your intelligence, etc. Apart from the psychological effect of this snub, he probably also he feels that he is actually cleverer, (or at least better,) than you, too...

...and he's probably right! :p

cleverer? is that even a real word? wasent last i check the dictionary :cool:

Well... by trying to belittle him, he would have risked his chances in "hiring" Gordon. I think he used Mr. Freeman to seem like he was going about things in a more business-like manner.

Also: Even the security in BMRF called Gordon "Mr. Freeman." And I agree with the notion that he's on one of the lowest rungs of status within the science team and thus is not entitled "Dr." even though he HAS a frickin' doctorate. Even after all the shennanigans at Black Mesa, Gordon's's probably still thought of as somewhat low, as he's the only scientist with enough sense to defend himself and fight. (even though he saved almost all of those surviving scientists and security guards' asses... yay for ungratefulness!)

A couple quotes seem to infer this, like the dialogue from when a scientist in the Lambda Complex gives you the Gluon: "I just can't bring myself to use it on a living creature... you don't look as if you have any trouble killing things..."

Listen to it, and the scientist seems to be taking a somewhat "higher-than-thou" kind of attitude, implying that he's the one with the sense of morals while he considers Gordon a kind of barbaric guy who gets his kicks from killing and maiming.

I love misunderstood heroes... *sigh*

Originally posted by Min Rizor
(even though he saved almost all of those surviving scientists and security guards' asses)

He did? Im far too trigger happy!

Back