Dr. Kleiner's Lab Video Officially Released on Steam

Apos

Tank
Reaction score
Dr. Kliener's Lab Video Officially Released on Steam

Though many people have already downloaded it from Fileplanet the Kleiner's Lab video has finally been officially released/enabled on Steam.

The next official video release is likely to come early next week.

You beat me to it Apos, i posted mine seconds after yours =(!
I deleted mine though, because you posted before me.

I think Valve will have done something to prevent cracking on this one, maybe they won't even include the next movie when you download this one. Or they may try to make it much harder to find.

They're so lame for releasing the same movie everybody got from fileplanet a day before.

Originally posted by Scaramanga
They're so lame for releasing the same movie everybody got from fileplanet a day before.

Actually, they released it a day before FP did. The only reason FP had it was because people were hexing it. I don't think valve really cares, I mean, it's just video's.

SpuD: if you want to add/edit in anything to my posts that deal with the same topic, you're totally welcome to do so. We're probably going to have lots of cases where two people post the same story very soon after each other, but often the posts contain slightly different infomation: so instead of deleting the later one, we could also delete the later one AND edit in any additional unique information from that deleted one into the older one.

To everyone:
Valve obviously have their own schedule for releasing things: the fact that some people hexed it and put it on fileplanet isn't a very good reason for Valve to go "oh, well, we have to help out those hex people with some new footage." So for them, they aren't releasing the "same" video, they are releasing it officially. If you saw the vid early... well that's what seeing something early means: before the official releases. Seems silly to complain about being able to do so.

They obviously want to use this system to do official simulataneous releases that happen instantly when they turn it on, but be able to cache stuff ahead of time so that downloads wont take so long AFTER they release something: something can turn on worldwide almost instantly. That's a really smart, thoughtful feature. But it wont work if people try to extract the data early, messing up the timing of everything. So they seem to be going back and finding ways to prevent this (which might be why it's taking longer now for new releases).

Originally posted by Apos
SpuD: if you want to add/edit in anything to my posts that deal with the same topic, you're totally welcome to do so. We're probably going to have lots of cases where two people post the same story very soon after each other, but often the posts contain slightly different infomation: so instead of deleting the later one, we could also delete the later one AND edit in any additional unique information from that deleted one into the older one.
I didnt know that I could edit your posts, thank you for the offer, feel free to do the same to me.

well, we ARE mods of this forum, so we can edit/delete topics, etc... And there has been a time when I had to delete a thread because someone else had just made one, thanks for giving us permission to edit your post.

Sure: in fact it's probably going to be a necessity that we edit to add updates on a story from time to time. We definately don't want two of the same topics right after each other if the later one is the same topic, just an update.

Indeed. Apos and I have been changing and moving many parts of topics recently.. anything to make the news better.

I have downloaded it on megagames and its in .exe ,so thats directely retired from the original game.In my pc that shows a low framerate, so the game will do the same.

Not true hollow. The exe is simply made so you don't have to have any specific program to run the bink video format. You get low framerates because just like any video, it is set to run at a specified fps, like 15-20-25-30, and if you are getting really low fps it just shows how crappy your comp is :)

Back