EA cracks down on stat padding ranked servers..

D

DreadLord

Taken directly from Total BF2:

EA Crackdown

6:19pm | Wed 31 Aug 2005 | Scoobing |
An email from Colin Clark to all Trusted Partners has outlined a more aggressive policy to be taken by EA against those that run ranked servers that are modded in any shape or form by an Admin. This includes an Admin ordering certain weapons only may be used, or ordering players not to cap flags. This, according to EA:
[...]creates environments where players gain stats unrealistically and creates an imbalance in the ranked server playing field. In our opinion, these players are breaking EA's Terms of Service.​
If a server is found to be breaking the Terms of Service in such a manner as described above, then action will be taken. Perhaps the most drastic action of EA will be to strip all players of their stats who are caught on the server at the time of discovery, and in the case of a clan server, anyone who shares clan tags, if they seem to have any anomalous stats. Further action will also be taken to stop the clan/group from being able to own a ranked server. A copy of the full email can be found here.
An image of the email (for those who doubt it's validity) can be seen here.

Good news for some I guess, seems a bit harsh to ban all players on the server though, IMO.

Where does it say that the players are banned? I just thought that their stats get wiped. Sounds good to me.

Now all these Pistol/Knife only servers won't be around any more. It seems to cheapen the pistol and knife badges for those of us that got them facing a regular game.

eXp.elektrik got his stats reset, he's a private now :LOL:

Back